pimp or plain?

pimp or plain

• pimp

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • plain

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

a lot of houses i'm looking at are very plain like this one....

i'm not sure what to think of this style of house....

what do you guys think?

note, i'm not really interested in this particualr house- just the general style that is all blah.

no ego thread...

i just seem to have 0 taste (as told to me by my designer i hired for my condo, as well as in my lack of graphic skills. lol)

don't judge by size, price or anything else... just the general look of the 'plain wood' look.

It's bland for sure. A little detail painting, and some nice trim/reside would make it awesome. Its a pretty cut up house and has a lot of room for detail.

It's definitely not like cracker box plain in any aspect, just the color/lack of contrast with the roof make it not that stand outish.

The Victorian trimmed little thing I have is neat. I get the same thing all the time "It's a doll house"

What you're comparing is the more New England home (pimpin) with a mid west or Florida home (geometric and plain)

how about we use real terms.

What you're looking at that is so "plain" is Contemporary. Contemporary homes aren't everyone's cup of tea. I like them, but they are depressing places (Remember the movie "Lost Highway"?)

That first place also reminds me of the house in A Scanner Darkly.

Anyway, these places are boring because of the trends back when they were built. Minimalist was the money maker. I have a Victorian styled Colonial (A real victorian is HUGE.. like my neighbor's place)

Sometimes Ranches are boring and plain too. Again, that's trend. my house has a lot of character (And a lot of delicate and intricate trim to take care of)

i absolutely despise ranches. probably cuz i grew up in one.
i also hate capes and anything else with a roof that i'll hit my head on constantly.
plus, all the capes and ranches here are simply too small for what i want. most are ~1200 sq ft or less.

i love the insides of these places. they are well laid out, nice large rooms, and the social areas are away from the bedrooms. but the outsides are just blah.

i don't know if i can offset the inside for the outside...

what you want to get from it

A house is much like your car in that aspect. If the basic frame work is something you like, the rest can be customised to your liking, paint trim flooring windows ect. The style of that paticular house is nice but the colors are very bland

if it was pimpin it would have shag carpet, a flame paint job and twice pipes, holmes

nah but seriously thats a nice looking house. you should find out if that pond in the back ever gets stocked with fish

why would a natural occurring pond get stocked with fish??? lol

this is the style I want

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 100
it's mediterranean, fucking roxor IMO

how wild do you want to go? Who are you Prince?

Back