Pissedoff2000Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
So I got sick of looking at my tv stand on it's side (I didn't realize it when I moved it in) so I decided to flip it upright.

In the process of flipping it up, the power strip got caught on the lip, which was underneath my guitar stand that I just got yesterday. Being top heavy, my guitar stand flipped forward and onto the glass table top.

So my guitar flips down, rips off the chunk of glass overhanging the legs of the table and breaks the high e string.

Fucking damnit. Now I have to go get it restrung, and the table is junk. This house fucking sucks. the outlets directly behind the entertainment center don't work for whatever reason so I have to use the power strip. If I'd just moved it like I was going to, I could play my guitar now. But I can't.

Chain reactions suck. I saw the power strip was on the lip before, but I didn't move it and went up to ask Brian to help me flip it upward.

But I guess the good news is I can get a tuner for the guitar after I get it restrung. I wanted to get one yesterday while we were at guitar center but I forgot to ask where they are. There goes another 12 bucks to have it restrung and tuned in store.

and I was just starting to get into learning the notes and how to play them on the that string I broke. Figures.

dude, changing a string takes 30 seconds and a pack of strings is like $4.50. i change mine just about every other week. its not hard. just de-tune it till theres slack, pull it off, and slide it through.
install is opposite of removal.

just be happy the neck didn't break....

and, you don't really need a tuner either. just find a band you like and know what they tune to. i don't know what kind of shit you like, but if you name a couple bands, i can probably tell you what they tune to (standard E or other wise... i play in drop -C most the time)

shitty about the stand though.

I've never changed one. My luck will be to fuck it up. Eventually I'll learn how to do it if I can get the guy at the store to show me how easy it is. and yeah, I was surprised the neck didn't break, but I think the glass breaking took the brunt of it and helped.

Cool Thanks. Didn't know that about Acoustics. I'll just have to figure out this electric.

Just run the string up through the bridge and tighten it up at the tuner, really really really easy.

The problem I'm having is I can't get the thinnest wires pushed out so I can string in the new ones. I've got the 6th, 5th and 3rd wires done but the rest won't come out. :(

Think a superthin pair of needlenose pliers will work?

pushed out? omg. what are you doing? lol

loosen the tuner.
pull string off the peg
straight out

flip over, and push/pull out the hole on the back

62_strat_porch2s2.jpg

I've never even owned a guitar and I know how to change the strings. James, you kill me dude! :lol:

pushed out? omg. what are you doing? lol

loosen the tuner.
pull string off the peg
straight out

flip over, and push/pull out the hole on the back

62_strat_porch2s2.jpg

Yes, duh. I pulled the strings off the tuners. They were hanging loose. I then tried to push them out the back from the front (the ONLY way they're coming out). But they won't push, the string just bends in the hole.

I know how to do it. I pulled the back plate off the rear of the guitar, but the three strings won't push down and out the back. It's not like I'm doing it wrong, they just won't push down.

Apparently you don't know me, some of the simplest tasks that will work one or two times will give me the biggest headache every other time.

I already have three strings restrung and ready to snip off and play. But the other three will NOT come out the back.

Here's what I'm talking about.

I have the strings free of the tuners. (attachment 1)

So I'm trying to push it down the hole out the back. (attachment 2)

But they won't budge and the string just bends inside the hole.

and for the hell of it, one shot of it on the stand (attachment 3)

It's not that I'm doing anything wrong, they just won't push. So now what?

Attachments

• my guitar 004.jpg
    my guitar 004.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 130
  • my guitar 006.jpg
    my guitar 006.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 136
  • my guitar 008.jpg
    my guitar 008.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 132
line up the ball with the hole. they should just fall right out. there's nothing holding them in other than the tension from the tuning peg

I know, it should be simple right? They feel lodged in there. lol

I brought it to work with me and my dad had a small set of screw drivers. One is literally lodged in there, but I got 2/3 that wouldn't move last night.

Thanks for your lack of help, dveit. I really appreciate it.

I'm trying to figure out what part of THEY WOULD NOT PUSH DOWN by pushing the wire do ya'll not understand? I understood the physics and the proper way to restring it, but they were stuck in and not pushing out.

Anyway, after getting them unlodged from the holes in the back of the bridge I had it restrung in 10 minutes and tuned it during lunch. It's all ready to go now.

Hell ya man, hopefully next time it'll be way easier. If you change out your strings more often your instrument will sound much better and the strings will be easy to change :)

Back