Piston-to-Deck Height

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've got a quick question, all the d16's (including the zc) have the same bore/stroke, the heads have different head cc's, same with the pistons, but they have the same rods. what my question is, the piston to deck height on the y7 and z6 is ~1 mm, and the y8 about ~.5 mm, would that make a huge difference? Because I was messing around with one of those compression calculators and that was my only thing to worry about. because it seems pretty simple and realistically I got it to 14.1 compression. that was using a Y8 block, Z6 head, PM7/P28 pistons, Y8 2 layer head gasket, and zeroing out the stock piston to deck height, and thats where my problem come in, because I was thinking that this build would actually pretty easy to do and I was thinking about doing it. but seeing that I would be using zc pistons and it's piston to deck height is 0.040 more then what I would be using, so would that mean that I would end up hitting a valve or what? if anyone would know please let me know.

and another one but it would be pretty unlealistic would be to take another 0.030 off and using either a Y7 or Y8 head of that would bump it up to 16.879 : 1 compression, would this be impossible?

any answers would be awesome.

thanks!

Back