piston ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sprayit500

this is probably a you get what you pay for thing. but has neone used or heard of the npr piston set up there selling on ebay for like $ 170.00. thanks

can you post a link to what you're talking about? the only thing i find on ebay when i type in npr pistons are piston rings

ohh those, those are just replicas of oem honda pistons, i heard they were pretty good, and the tolerances are pretty similar or are the same as oem pistons, i'd say that they're a good buy for the price

sounds good. i just bought a b18c complete but disassembld 4 600.00 but it has two scratched cylinders and i dont have a ton of money too put into it so i thought of boring it some and using those pistons but i need tpoi get it to a machine shop to find out all my options

You should be fine with those pistons if you are planning for a lot of power, like less than 250. The item said they were good to 300hp, and that may be the case, but I wouldn't push it too close. Just take them with you to the shop with your block, and have the cylinders honed to the right spec. Since you have a couple of scratched cylinder walls, get .5 mm oversized pistons instead of the ones you listed, and get the block honed to spec. STD sized pistons are not going to work for you if the scratches are too deep.

thanks im gonna take it to the shop and see how far they need to go with the sratches. i just dont want to get boned buying something like that on ebay. i know i should probably spend the money on the good ones but i just dont have it now.

I don't know if it is the same company as the one you stated, but nippon makes OEM replacement pistons that people have had decent results from.

ok cool. acura will sell me oem's for 85 and rings for 33 but ill have to sleeve it it and i dont want to only have 1 new one.

Back