Pistons For D16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

can you swap zc pistons into the y8? if so, does it bump up the compression? are there any other pistons that can be swapped? if not, what companies make high comp pistons for it? for around how much?

1. Yes
2. Yes, around 12.88:1
3. Yes
4. Pretty much any aftermarket piston manufacturer
5. Call and ask them

Not at all- just make sure that you can tune it well. Compression that high takes some precision to not knock on pump gas. What octane is available to you?

You might want to think about upgrading your camshaft to take advantage of the extra compression too. A more aggressive cam will really make your piston upgrade shine.

thanks guys. i can get up to 93 octane and sum gas stations have like 103 race gas but it aint cheap. nuttin sweeter than an all motor sohc monster!

Originally posted by SpyOneUSN@Jun 7 2003, 01:19 PM
holy crap that panda shit is no joke...
now you got me wantin to boost it...

thats what i'm gona do this summer, i heard about it on honda-tech and the pistons are forged aluminum from the factory and fit perfect in a d16 or d15. i already got my head built and now i just need to do the block, then i puting on a td05 turbo and i'm gona run 10-15 psi (havent decided on an exact number yet)

oh, and that block posting lets you run at least another 3-4 psi of boost.

Back