pistons????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_kid_666

I have a d16a6 and I have a bet with a friend that I cant beat him on the track without a bottle or a turbo ( dont worry he has a single cam to y8 to be exact).... so I was wanting to do high compression but the only thing is that my motor is bored out .0030... so where can I get some pistons that will work....

PM7/P29's come in oversizes(.25, .5 and 1mm OS's), and are cheap. Check out FJT or even ebay. With a Z6/Y8 headgasket it'll put you at 11.1:1 ratio. You can mill the head some for more compression.

yeah the second one.. .030 sorry but yeah I have 6 months to get that baby moving fast let me know ... I need ideas on how to get that thing going..

okay got the ideas in mind
intake mani- would like to get a victor x but i guess its not offered for a d series so skunk 2 and get a skunk 2 mani
head- get the head pNp and get it milled
getting a good cai
also thinking about about converting to obd1 and getting a chipped ecu...

any flaws or any improvements that I should think about..... also are there any web sites for some resonalble priced pistons...

okay got the ideas in mind
intake mani- would like to get a victor x but i guess its not offered for a d series so skunk 2 and get a skunk 2 mani
head- get the head pNp and get it milled
getting a good cai
also thinking about about converting to obd1 and getting a chipped ecu...

any flaws or any improvements that I should think about..... also are there any web sites for some resonalble priced pistons...

victor x has one for d series. my friend has one on his.

what's ur friend (car to beat) drive exactly? y8...n/a or fi?

consider a cam with a profile suited for your needs.

you'll need a tune. a dyno and an experianced tuner are the optimum choices.

track only?

u have a lot you could learn through reading holmes!

wow... well it looks like i will be getting a victorx then....
he drives an ef hatch with a d16y8 in there its pretty much stock but we both have 6 months to see what we can do before we hit the tracks so I dont know what he will be doing to it...

the car is a daily driver. I just want something that I can drive smooth on the daily and then form then drive it into the track and open her up..

This is about the time when I always say the same thing to people with your goals. Build your car for yourself, not for a dick measuring contest with your friend(s).

very true.. I just want something that will have a little bit of balls to it nothing over the top...thats why im staying single cam.. and I only want to beat him because he talks so my shit about how he would beat me blah blah blah... I dont really race....

and after doing the math work i think about 3,000 would be everything for the life of the car

Back