Pistons?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboHondaGuy

I was just curiouse on somethings on pistons. i was going to order some JE's and heard something about silicone % and was wondering if high or low is bad? and what are the advantages and dissadvantages of ceramic coated pistons other then the higher heat resistance and what companies offer ceramic coated pistons? thanks for the help

High silicone pistons are popular because they control metal growth, but can't handle the extreme heat associated with high boost. Pistons with no silicone at all are much stronger, but you have to build an engine 0.001 more clearance because the pistons will "grow" a bit more as the temperature rises. Hope this helps.

:werd: (although some of the stuff is a lil over me)

oh, and if you are ordering JE pistons, call us at tim allen motor sports. we can get you pistons pretty cheap. We list a set of JEs at 493 w/ shipping, but if you tell tim that Fritts sent you, he should cut you a decent deal.

(214) 391-7562

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: (although some of the stuff is a lil over me)

oh, and if you are ordering JE pistons, call us at tim allen motor sports. we can get you pistons pretty cheap. We list a set of JEs at 493 w/ shipping, but if you tell tim that Fritts sent you, he should cut you a decent deal.

(214) 391-7562
that would be cool i will have to give you guys a call when im ready to order... what kind of rings would you guys recomend if i needed the tighter tolerances?

rings depend on what kinda bore you have. id just order the standard size the JE provides. Tim can give you more info. I just do their website stuff. If i do any work there its holding the block while they are torqueing (sp) everything down...or wash and spray. I have a different 9-5 job, just trying to get some friends some business.

All the engines we build we use Wiseco...But with a touch here and there by us and their ready to go.
As for the rings go. It all really depends on what your expecting out of the engine.

-Do you want MAX HP?

-Do you want moderate hp and longer life?

If you want to make the most power possible and make sure you have the least amount of blow-by rund Total Seal gapless rings.

On the other side of the fence runs standard wiseco rings.

Or whatever brand you buy.....

Back