1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ0 (pre-OBD?) to OBD1 conversion

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Sabz5150, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

I'm trying to make this magic work, but haven't been able to find any helpful information to move me along on it. I've got a few qn's that hopefully you guys/girls can help me out with...

Will I need to bypass the injector resistor box, swap in a Teg's or can I work with what I have?

Pinouts, pinouts, pinouts... does anyone have a diagram of how to build an obd0 to obd1 harness? That would be the biggest help, but I can't find one anywhere :(

What's the best ECU to use for this? The engine is a BT/A20A3 EFI 12V SOHC.

Any help would be appreciated B)

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

actually, No.

You didn't read his post. he has a vacuum advance A20A3 motor. The harness you linked to is for electronic advance cars.

You're going to need a Helms for your car if you don't already have one.
    Sonny Van Hook and TJ both have excellent writeups of converting a vacuum advance 1G CRX to electronic advance / "OBD0". From there, you need to use your noggin if you want to convert to OBD1. I'd recommend using PhiZ's OBD0-OBD1 conversion strategy, which he was kind enough to document in the Harnesses and Conversions forum at PGMFI.org.

Good fucking luck. This is a hard conversion. I'm converting my 87Si to OBD1 this winter, and I expect to kill the car before it's done. :)

4. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

It's been done, the brother of a member on our board pulled it off. Said he used an F22 dizzy and an ECU conversion harness. He hasn't given any other info than that. Here's a pic of the dizzy mated to the A20. (sorry it's so huge)

[​IMG]

I'm gonna keep searching for the harness pinouts and see what I can get going. If I get somewhere, I'll definitely share my info :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted