place racing motor mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

btleier

Hey guys, I did some searching and found a few opinions, but I was just wondering if people have more experience with them yet. It seems the general consenses is that they are a decent mount, just quite stiff?

I also read the the insert is removable (for powdercoating) is this the case? Really need to know, as I'm not a fan of the yellow. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by civic15.8@Nov 18 2003, 10:34 PM
just go with hasport and you wont need any oppinions hasport is awesome

Yeah, but Hasport are also 500 dollars. I found a set of place racing with 2K miles for 150 bucks, and the inserts are still perfect. Anyone else have some feedback.

they fit like shit. thats why they are cheap.

hasports own the mount market.

:withstupid: .... i wouldnt fuck around and cheap out on something as important as a motor mount

I have seen a few broken place racing mounts and have yet to see a broken hasport mount. When I get around to finishing my build up I am for sure going with HASport.

yeah, hasport is the best so far as for motor mounts. yeah it cost some loot. you can go with polyurethane engine mount inserts which is whole lot cheaper. or you can go low budget and go to advance auto parts or what ever car parts store and purchase 3m polyurethane window adhesive. i saw this in a mag..forgot which one. use this material and cover the open spaces of your mounts and let it dry for a day. cheap, but hey if you're tight on $$$$ then, it's up to you.

do not use the 3m window weld stuff. i tried it was a desaster. it took over 3 days for it to even become gummy. now after around 2 months the 3m window weld stuff isnt even hard its still gummy so dont try it.

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 20 2003, 12:57 PM
do not use the 3m window weld stuff. i tried it was a desaster. it took over 3 days for it to even become gummy. now after around 2 months the 3m window weld stuff isnt even hard its still gummy so dont try it.

actually, a couple of my friends did that to their mounts, del sol is with GSR and a civic with a type R and they both say that it helped, and reuced wheel hop/engine movement....i guess id try it if i did have $$ and didn't already have poly mounts...

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+Nov 20 2003, 02:59 PM-->
highperboi
@Nov 20 2003, 12:57 PM

actually, a couple of my friends did that to their mounts, del sol is with GSR and a civic with a type R and they both say that it helped, and reuced wheel hop/engine movement....i guess id try it if i did have $$ and didn't already have poly mounts...

ohh yeah one word of caution, do not get that stuff on your hands cause that shit doesn't come off!!! It was great making fun of dem two...

Absolutely NO complaints about hasport mounts here. they are very stiff and provide zero engine movement. :thumbsup:

it comes off i got it all over my hand. you gotta wait till it kinda gets gummy so you can rub your hands together and it kinda works like a eraser you know?? how it makes little balls and you can pick them off. i dunno i must of done something wrong. i sealed my mounts with duct tape and put that shit in and waited for a very long time. was that all i was supposed to do? i dont know if it improved my launches because i never launched on the stock mounts but i have very little wheel hop.

I've had the place mounts for 2 1/2 years with really no issues. The only problem is they do start to let the motor sag after a while an they tend to make the life of the axles shorter. But now they have the new x-member with the 4th mount for high horsepower motors. They say this solves all the previous issues. I'm ordering the x-member this week. I'll let you know what I think.

Back