1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

place racing motor mounts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by btleier, Nov 18, 2003.

1. btleier

btleier Member

Hey guys, I did some searching and found a few opinions, but I was just wondering if people have more experience with them yet. It seems the general consenses is that they are a decent mount, just quite stiff?

I also read the the insert is removable (for powdercoating) is this the case? Really need to know, as I'm not a fan of the yellow. Thanks for your help!

2. civic15.8

civic15.8 Senior Member

just go with hasport and you wont need any oppinions hasport is awesome

3. btleier

btleier Member

Yeah, but Hasport are also 500 dollars. I found a set of place racing with 2K miles for 150 bucks, and the inserts are still perfect. Anyone else have some feedback.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

they fit like shit. thats why they are cheap.

hasports own the mount market.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:withstupid: .... i wouldnt fuck around and cheap out on something as important as a motor mount

6. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

I have seen a few broken place racing mounts and have yet to see a broken hasport mount. When I get around to finishing my build up I am for sure going with HASport.

7. KYL174

KYL174 Member

yeah, hasport is the best so far as for motor mounts. yeah it cost some loot. you can go with polyurethane engine mount inserts which is whole lot cheaper. or you can go low budget and go to advance auto parts or what ever car parts store and purchase 3m polyurethane window adhesive. i saw this in a mag..forgot which one. use this material and cover the open spaces of your mounts and let it dry for a day. cheap, but hey if you're tight on $$$$ then, it's up to you.

8. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

do not use the 3m window weld stuff. i tried it was a desaster. it took over 3 days for it to even become gummy. now after around 2 months the 3m window weld stuff isnt even hard its still gummy so dont try it.

9. SasSi

SasSi Senior Member

I got Inline Pro motor mounts. My car vibrates like hell, but the motor doesn't budge one bit!

http://www.inlinepro.com

10. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

actually, a couple of my friends did that to their mounts, del sol is with GSR and a civic with a type R and they both say that it helped, and reuced wheel hop/engine movement....i guess id try it if i did have $$ and didn't already have poly mounts...

11. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

ohh yeah one word of caution, do not get that stuff on your hands cause that shit doesn't come off!!! It was great making fun of dem two...

12. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Absolutely NO complaints about hasport mounts here. they are very stiff and provide zero engine movement. :thumbsup:

13. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

it comes off i got it all over my hand. you gotta wait till it kinda gets gummy so you can rub your hands together and it kinda works like a eraser you know?? how it makes little balls and you can pick them off. i dunno i must of done something wrong. i sealed my mounts with duct tape and put that shit in and waited for a very long time. was that all i was supposed to do? i dont know if it improved my launches because i never launched on the stock mounts but i have very little wheel hop.

14. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

I've had the place mounts for 2 1/2 years with really no issues. The only problem is they do start to let the motor sag after a while an they tend to make the life of the axles shorter. But now they have the new x-member with the 4th mount for high horsepower motors. They say this solves all the previous issues. I'm ordering the x-member this week. I'll let you know what I think.

15. miguel6632

miguel6632 Junior Member

say highperboi how long did you have to wait??
    i wonder if i blow dry it would it dry quicker?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted