1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning my swap into ek

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by SpOoN EK9, Jun 23, 2004.

1. SpOoN EK9

SpOoN EK9 Junior Member

I was wondering how much roughly would it cost to swap a gsr motor into my car? I know you have to end up buying the axles,water pump, oil pump, etc. for the swap, but what sorta internal upgrades would be neccasary (ie. cams,cam gears, retainers) for a good all-motor/daily driven? I'm sorta ona budget of 3g's so any insight would be thankful.

2. bh2285

bh2285 Junior Member

I spent $2,000 on a full GSR swap with axles,ECU,hubs everything and I got all of the brakes.Everything was good and i ended up spending about 2500 before it was over.

3. civicsi94

civicsi94 Member

wooooooo where did you get yours? the lowest and safe price i could find is at www.osakajdmmotors.com and the swap was $2700. usually anywhere else your lookin' at about $3k-maybe $3500.

4. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

Follow your name and get a spoon! The EK's fly with swapped motors. Have fun!!

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

3200 = avereage gsr complete swap
    500 = misc shit, rad hoses, etc
    $xxx = custom exhaust workings... it probably won't line up.

and FUCK osaka with a 12" dildo. WORST REP in the business. do NOT buy from them. the end.

so, basically, you're not doing any mods with abudget of 3 grand... hell, you'll be hard pressed to even get the stock motor in for 3k.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted