Playing around with my stock engine......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KC_crx

First post, so please bare with me. I have a b18b waiting for a vtec head, but I want to mess around with my stock engine while I'm waiting around. What my question is, are there any head swaps out there I can do with my oh-so-exciting stock d15b6 out of my 91 Hf? I'm seeing tons of SOHC vtec's out there such as the d16y8/Z6. Is there any way to marry these heads to the smaller/weaker blocks? I know I won't set any speed records, but just curious to get into engine building and wanting to learn more. Thanks in advance!

Well jb, glad I'm entertaining to you. Do you have anything useful to add?

Really, the best bet is to focus your efforts on one project so you don't spread yourself thin.

:ditto:

If you're just going to swap this motor out soon anyway, then why even mess with it? Just save your money and put it towards your LS/V setup.

I'm mostly curious if I'm able to do anything with the stock engine. Its going to be a little while before I get the ls/vtec in the car (plus I don't want to rush the guy who's building it, I'm not in that big of a hurry). Plus I thought I could learn more about honda engines by tearing into this one and just "messing around" and see what I could do with it. And honestly at this point I'm still kind of on the fence between the ls/vtec and just putting a t3 or t4 on the b18 and keeping it straight. Above all I'm just trying to learn and find out what all I can do with what I have.

buy a D15 that someone just swapped out. You can usually find them under $100 and it doesn't really matter what condition it's in since you're just going to "play" with it anyway.

I can help you out, man. I have a d15b8 that is just taking up room. I live in central PA come and get it and you can have it free

Back