Please Help...air/fuel guage problem....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I<3myhonda

hello all iam in need of some help. i have a 96' ek with a 95'ls motor. i had my motor installed by my "friend" and when he did so he installed a air/fuel gauge and oil pressure. my car had gotten stolen by some DUMB ass and took some things(safc2,a/f gauge,tac,deck) and the way he took the stuff he cant use half on it
kekekegay.gif
. but anyways he just cut the wires to EVERYTHING!!!!! he snipped the a/f gauge at the gauge as well as the tac, safc, and my o2 sensor????? so i re-bought everything..some on ebay(a/f guage which came with a little black box with orange,white,red and black?????dont understand that and guy wont answer my ?'s) so here is my problem...i re-wired EVERYTHING and i was looking on forums and some people said to wire the purple wire to the ecu white/red wire....so i did and the a/f gauge stays all the way and the last notch and DOESNT move???? do i have a bad gauge or wrong wire??? should i run it to the o2 sensor itself??? if so which wire??? please someone help

i had the same problem I couldn't go by the o2 i had to go by my ecu and mine stays in rich for the most patr until i start slowing down and letting the engine rev on its own. If i am thinking correctly tonight that should be an OBD2 on the largest clip into the ecu there should be i think 3 almost solid white wires probe each one of those with the signal wire for your A/F gauge and one of them should work for ya. Hope that helps

oh so its on the big clip?? i thought it was ith the map, rev,....clip.....but when it stops snowing ill give that a shot....and iam pretty sure a 4 wire o2 is wideband??? thanks for the help guys!!

Last edited:
no it is not a wideband o2 sensor, obd2 they came out with the heated circuit o2 sensor so they would be more accuraet than the old style. Yes wide bands would also be 4 wire but they are about 250 a pop and would make your air/fuel gauge read more accurate

ok cause when i went to get a new one a while ago, it was about that. how would i know if its wideband or not?? and any ideas why the guy gave me this little black box(orange,black,red,white wires) with this a/f guage???

Back