PLEASE HELP! B18A1 into my 90' Civic Hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogyRiches

Ok here's the deal. I'm pretty new with the Honda swaps but i've done prior engine swaps and have quite a bit of experience in mechanics. I've got a 1990 honda civic cx and my buddy gave me everything (so i thought) for the swap including ECU, all the harnesses, etc. After all the mumbo jumbo of piecing everything together like a puzzle i decided to install the B18A1.

The engine was installed properly with Hasport mounts and shift linkage, so engine wise i have no problems. But when it came to the wiring i am a little stumped. I realized that the cx was not a good model to start the swap off with but its too late now! no turning back. i removed the old ecu and replaced it with the integra ecu, i spliced out the wiring for the integra ecu (the 3 plugs), junking the rest of it and properly spliced it in to the cx harness where everthing should go. Now, the engine turns over but no spark. its getting fuel cuz i here the pump prime, i've checked over the wiring 3 times! i also changed over the ECU with a spare, changed the distributor, the timing belt was replaced and i can rule out timing problems.

My question is how do i know the ecu is getting power? there is no lights or indicators on that ecu. also the main relay is good. Is there anyone out there that installed the wiring the same way i did?

After researching i found out that i may be missing a resistor box? also on the engine side every plug is accounted for except for 1 plug underneath the intake manifold near the alternator which has 4 wires leading into a squarish female end plug? does anyone know where that goes or what goes to it?

Please help! i'm open to any suggestions, what started out as a good plan is ending up to be a nightmare for me! if anyone needs pics to help you help me i'll post up what u need! Thanks in advance!

need a little more info - which ECU do you have? is it PR4? you said you spliced out the wiring for the ECU (3 plugs) - what exactly did you do at the ECU? what wiring harness is on the engine? what color are the 4 wires on the extra connector?

Quoted post[/post]]
need a little more info - which ECU do you have? is it PR4? you said you spliced out the wiring for the ECU (3 plugs) - what exactly did you do at the ECU? what wiring harness is on the engine? what color are the 4 wires on the extra connector?

ok, i'll get all that info for you today with pics. the engine harness connected is the integra harness that came with the engine. as for the ecu it is pr4 and what i did with the wires was i unravelled the loom of the interior harness from the integra and used whatever wires that went to the ecu. most of those wires coming out of the ecu went to the engine and only a few left hooked up to the main relay and instrument cluster ALL properly spliced (solder/heatshrink) so i can rule out a bad connection.

i'll get back to you with the colors of the 4 wires.

I thought obd0 plugs were are the same. I am using a pm6 in my integra, which had a pr4, sort of the opposite of what you did, and had no issues with the plugs that were in the car. :shrug2:
Check the underhood fuses to make sure you didn't blow any. That's all I can think of at the moment.

is your engine obd 1 or obd0 and you used the engine harness that came with the car and added every thing you needed from the new engine harness to the harness that came with the car.

Back