Please help converting to powerstreeing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fionntan

Banned
I need to swap my 1993 civic dx to power streeing. How hard is it and what do I need? If anyone can explain or just direct me to somewhere that can I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanx in advance.

ok, for power steering in your car you are gonna need a few things:
power steering rack, out of an eg or ek civic, you can also use del-sol and integra, I know the rack from DC integra works, DA might, but im not sure.
You need the correct power steering pump FOR YOUR ENGINE, this is easy if you haven't done a swap, slightly more difficult if you did.
you need the power steering hoses, supply (high side) and return (low side), these are to be matched to the PUMP (or your current engine)
you need the brackets to mount the pump, these also need to be matched to the pump/engine.
last of all you will need the hose for the power steering, also match that to the engine.
It is really important to match the pump to the engine and all of the related parts also, because D series and B series pumps and hoses are very different, Im sure there are companies that sell conversion brackets, but its really not worth getting the brackets unless you already have the wrong pump.
once oyu have all of the parts, it's simply a matter of installing it all, its a little tricky even for an experianced tech to put in the steering rack, but if you take your time you should be able to do it.
Make sure you have your car aligned after you put in the rack, otherwise you will chew up your tires, just eyeballing the toe is near impossible.
Refer to a service manual to see how to cahnge the rack and install the other stuff.
be prepared to spend a weekend on it at least.

Back