Please help me out here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Alright, I'm on a rating site right now which is completely unrelated to cars but some kid is claiming that he has a Celica GTS with 220hp from basic bolt on mods and pullies.

Another kid is flaming me saying I'm an idiot and he got 32hp out of a CAI and exhaust. Sound logical to you guys at all?

I typically hate these kinds of thread and know that they're full of shit and dont know their ass from a hole in the wall but i just wanted a thread to point to when I told them that.

32 horse outta cai and exhaust on a celica .. why the hell would u dyno that lol.. but any ways ask him what kinda dyno he ran if its to the wheels but i smell some thing and it dont smell good!

dohc the dyno still wouldnt prove what he had done lol we need some pics of his damn car and upgrades to.. its all werd of mouth

He didnt claim he dynoed it, just claimed he gained 40hp from those mods.

Please just tell me for the record theres no feasible way that he gained that power because I'm going to post this in the thread.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 1 2004, 12:41 PM

Please just tell me for the record theres no feasible way that he gained that power because I'm going to post this in the thread.
[post=410166]Quoted post[/post]​

No way in hell or heaven for that matter.

cai usually 2 max 5 exhaust usually 5 max 8 pulleys lol ur stock 2 hp max so all in all min gain 9 max 14 .. but 14s pushing it.. bolts ons arnt jack until u got some guts

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 1 2004, 12:41 PM

[post=410166]Quoted post[/post]​

He can bench race all he wants, but he's just making himself look like a fool. Also, it appears he's talking in crank hp, and anyone who doesn't want to look like a moron will speak in whp.

I'm going to assume we're talking about a modern Celica... because there are different dynamics with the older ones (RWD sweethearts)

What he did was read the box and add from there. It's common. Like K&N's adding power. They do, sure.. but on a laboratory tested engine in perfect conditions - You know, Bell jarring - It happened to add 25 hp.

Results aren't typical.

If he's talking about an older RWD one, preferably carbbed then these kinds of gains are possible. "IHE" takes on a new meaning when you're running a dual plane Offenhauser, Holley 400 cfm and doug thorley header with a flowmaster. Now you're talking about putting some more power down, versus the new-age idea of K&N FIPK, DC Sports and greddy.

-> Steve

:werd:

...but most likely hes talking out of his ass. :bs:

ass. if he is right then i better run and tell my friend with a gts with i/h/e that hes pushing 220hp. o wait, he would laugh in my face because he knows thats not possible too.

Originally posted by b204dr@Nov 1 2004, 02:50 PM
cai usually 2 max 5 exhaust usually 5 max 8 pulleys lol ur stock 2 hp max so all in all min gain 9 max 14 .. but 14s pushing it.. bolts ons arnt jack until u got some guts
[post=410173]Quoted post[/post]​

What is that suppose to mean? In NA four bangers or in general??

Originally posted by endlesszeal+Nov 3 2004, 02:22 PM-->
@Nov 1 2004, 02:50 PM
cai usually 2 max 5 exhaust usually 5 max 8 pulleys lol ur stock 2 hp max  so all in all min gain 9 max 14 .. but 14s pushing it.. bolts ons arnt jack until u got some guts
[post=410173]Quoted post[/post]​

What is that suppose to mean? In NA four bangers or in general??
[post=411267]Quoted post[/post]​

n/a 4 banging for sure i seen intake on a 5.0 add like 15 hp lol

I thought so. If you have forgotten: 300ZX, Supra, etc... adds like 10832083hp with just an intake. Okay more like 25hp or so, but thats still a shit load.

what do an 800hp supra, 900hp supra, 1000hp supra, and an 1100hp supra have in common?

They all run ten's.

How much power do those Titan Supras and stuff have? I thought around the 1100whp? Don't they run high 8s?
But yeah most of the Supras are dyno queens made for top hp and not usuable and seriously lack traction.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 4 2004, 03:52 PM
what do an 800hp supra, 900hp supra, 1000hp supra, and an 1100hp supra have in common?

They all run ten's.
[post=412086]Quoted post[/post]​

ITS TWELVES!!! FUCKING TWELVES!!!! JESUS!!!

Back