1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP Tranny Problem

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Citizen_Insane, May 8, 2004.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

*sorry source is spelled wrong, it wouldn't fit unless I misspelled it*

As some of you may know, my tranny started leaking after I recently filled it up. I think I have found the problem, but I need some advice.
    Just reference so you know where i'm talking about:
    [​IMG]

It appears that oil is leaking either from the hole or the crack in the tranny casing:
    [​IMG]
    I am guessing that this:
    [​IMG]
    Happened at the same time the crack appeared. I didn't do this. I know for sure. I remember seeing that bent part when I recieved the motor.

Now my question is: Should I fill the hole and the crack with JB weld to stop the flow of oil out of my transmission, or will filling that hole cause problems. Instead should I just call Steve @ hmotors and make him replace the tranny? That seems kinda bastardly, but I don't know. I know I didn't damage the tranny, but I has been over a month since I got it from Steve.

What should I do?

:cliffs:
    -Tranny Problems (see pics)
    -What should I do?

2. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

id say get a new tranny personally, might cost a bunch but it will be worth it

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Theres no way I can afford that. Completely out of the picture.

Anyone else?

4. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

aluminoy(sp?).... my friend had a very similair problem. we saw a commercial on tv about aluminoy and 'one of the things it could fix was tranny housing'..so he ordered it..busted out the tourch and no more leaks.

5. spaceman

spaceman Member

you could rethread it with tap/die...or find some sealant and seal it all up

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted