please help with ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typerhead

its been a while since i have swapped my b18c in my 96 hx, but i just bought a obd2a for my 96 hx so that i can pass emissions. my problem is that when i swapped units and i plug it in it shows that i threw a code. i am not sure what the code is, but im guessing that it has to do with the cam angle sensor and/ or the v tech solinoid sensor which the jdm motor doesnt need. if anyone has had this problem or knows what to do to get around that i would be greatly appreciated. :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
jump it and pull the code.

ok i just pulled these 3 codes today
p1259-controlled fuel and air metering?

p1337-controlled ignition system or misfire?

p0141-heater circuit malfuntion [bank 1 sensor 2]

im not completely sure what these codes mean.
just need some help figuring it out to fix, before i goto emissions

primary o2
dstirbutor/ignition related
2ndary o2 sensor

sounds like you got some wiring issues.

so, for your obd2a ecu, you need both the primary and seconday o2 sensors hooked up and running.

fixing those MAY fix your mis-fire code, so fool with those first, then clear out the computer and see if the misfire comes back up.

so, for your obd2a ecu, you need both the primary and seconday o2 sensors hooked up and running.

i did a 5 wire for the 02 sensor hookup since the hx uses 2 o2 sensors plugz is there another way around this?

5-wire? no.

you need to match the o2's to the ecu.... not to the car.

you need the primary 4-wire before the cat, and the secondary after the cat.

see the pin outs in the reference materials forum.

Quoted post[/post]]
5-wire? no.

you need to match the o2's to the ecu.... not to the car.

you need the primary 4-wire before the cat, and the secondary after the cat.

see the pin outs in the reference materials forum.

i see what you mean, I only have the primary o2 sensor behind the cat i do not have a secondary o2 sensor hooked up on my car on my car bcause of the motor swap new headers and exhaust. i was told that only 1 o2 sensor was needed and that the 2 o2 sensors can be converted into one and that is how it was hooked up on my car and it works fine, but to get this ecu working do i need the secondary o2 sensor hooked up

obd1 requires 1 primary 4-wire BEFORE the cat.

obd2 requires 2 o2's, 1 primary 4-wire BEFORE the car, and a secondary behind the cat.

Quoted post[/post]]
obd1 requires 1 primary 4-wire BEFORE the cat.

obd2 requires 2 o2's, 1 primary 4-wire BEFORE the car, and a secondary behind the cat.

you think by adding in the other o2 sensor it should clear the air fuel malfuntion and even the ignition /misfire malfuntion, both of the codes. do you have any idea what could be wrong with the heater circuit malfuntion?

yes. its throwing a code for it because its not there.

the heater is part of the 4-wire.

when the o2 is malfiunctioning, the car goes to its default program and runs like crap and could very well be the cause of your misfire code.

so again, fix your o2 problems, and then clear out your computer.

Are you using an HX ECU with the GSR motor in there? I'm confused...

I am going to doubt that if you are getting random misfires that fixing the 2 O2 sensor codes are going to fix the misfire...but that is a good start to fixing the codes.

Back