Please help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondasrule

I have a 1986 Honda Accord LXi. A red idiot light on the dash that says PGM-FI is constantly on. The car runs very rough when started, it calms down after about 5 minutes. In winter its much worse. I took a wild guess and changed the O2 sensor, no luck. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

you should go to you local autozone or advance auto and have them pull the codes for you

Originally posted by 97hatch@Aug 19 2003, 06:27 PM
you should go to you local autozone or advance auto and have them pull the codes for you

I'm pretty sure only check-engine-lights have codes. I think this is blatently telling you that you have a FI problem....

if your pgm-fi light is on, there's definately a problem in your fi. I'd start with fi cleaner...Since you're car is an 86 I'm guessing that unless there's been regular routine maintanance done on it the injectors could be getting clogged. I run a bottle of fi cleaner every oil change regardless--->preventative maintanance.

That's your cheap way out and if it doesn't work you might have to get a little more into your fi system to figure it out.....Good luck either way....

Back