1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hondasrule, Aug 19, 2003.

1. hondasrule

hondasrule Junior Member

I have a 1986 Honda Accord LXi. A red idiot light on the dash that says PGM-FI is constantly on. The car runs very rough when started, it calms down after about 5 minutes. In winter its much worse. I took a wild guess and changed the O2 sensor, no luck. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

2. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

yea what does that light mean anyways??....

3. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

I don't know shit about that car but I know it has to do with the fuel injection....

4. 97hatch

97hatch ?

you should go to you local autozone or advance auto and have them pull the codes for you

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

I'm pretty sure only check-engine-lights have codes. I think this is blatently telling you that you have a FI problem....

6. nimblecivic

nimblecivic Senior Member

Southern IL, across the river from the Stl...
    if your pgm-fi light is on, there's definately a problem in your fi. I'd start with fi cleaner...Since you're car is an 86 I'm guessing that unless there's been regular routine maintanance done on it the injectors could be getting clogged. I run a bottle of fi cleaner every oil change regardless--->preventative maintanance.

That's your cheap way out and if it doesn't work you might have to get a little more into your fi system to figure it out.....Good luck either way....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted