Please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redwidow

How do you run wires from engine bay to interior? Do you need to drill a hole through firewall? i am trying to run my neon wires to the interior but i couldn't find any hole to put wires through. Thanks

There are some rubber grommets that you can poke a hole in, and send wires through safely, without worrying about fraying them. This really does belong in the Ice and Rice forums.

your best bet is to look for the rubber grommets like this other guy sayed. i heared someone tryed to drill a hole and f***ed up there heater core :lol:

i looked for the rubber grommets but i couldn't find any grommet that close to the ( brake pedal or floor ). i found one grommet, but it's to far on top ( next to the right hand windshield wiper) and that is hard to get the hold of the wires from the inside

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

i ran my amp wires thru a grommet on the left side of the engine bay of my 92 civic.

s3fcc45ec99d01.jpg

this is the only pic i had, its on my 1990 Teg and the wire running through there is my audio power cable.

anyhoo... you can drilll a hole, from the inside, and put a grommet in it, then run your wires through their.

hey, thanks for all yours help. the only gromet i found on my 00 prelude is on the driver side next to the windshield wiper

Originally posted by redwidow@Dec 3 2003, 02:10 AM
hey, thanks for all yours help. the only gromet i found on my 00 prelude is on the driver side next to the windshield wiper

no problem....

like i said before.. drill a hole from the inside to the engine bay. make sure you dont drill into anything. and put a grommet in there.

if you drill a half inch hole, use a half inch grommet.. etc. the grommet will ensure you that nothing will short out later on, and will make the install look clean, almost stock.. good luck...post up pics when your done.

Back