PLEDGE DRIVE FOR TONYD0821....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyd0821

Banned
Over the past few months i been on hondaswap.com I have brought each and everyone of you laughter at some point. Whether you love me or hate me (there usually is no inbetween on that one) im in desperate need of your help.

This is the only day (saturday) that i can raise my civic back up to stock height. unfortunately i do not have a spring compressor, so i must raise my car back up using the shitty ass coilovers...

The only thing is that i do not know how high to raise my civic in the front and back (in order to be stock)

will anyone out there with a STOCK height ek civic (1996-2000 i believe) go outside and measure the height from the middle of your front bumper to the ground and the height from the middle of your back bumper to the ground.

OR

if you dont have a stock height ek civic, then go to your neighbors house, and measure his/her civic for me.

Thats all. With your support, i will continue to make you laugh from my insightful, witty, sarcastic, mean and just plain "fucking asshole" posts that i create.

Just a few minutes out of your time to help a brother out will ensure your future tears of laughter and anger eminating from the posts i create here on hondaswap.com

if you dont, then i will have no other recourse than to stop being funny....
and quite possibly come to your house with some big fucking Irish and English soccer fans and insight a soccer riot in your bedroom, complete with baseball bats and tire irons over your forehead.

( i never said anything about stopping being an asshole :p )

p.s. as you read this thread, my car is on jackstands and i am awaiting your measurements my loyal minions :D
Thank you for your continued support. :D

just raise it up so its like 4" from the top of the tire to the wheel well

why does it need to be stock hight? why not close to it? just get it in the area

Hmm, lets see, I could go out and measure mine but being that you were a jerk to me last time....I think I'll pass, plus you aren't all that humorous to me.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Sep 27 2003, 03:30 PM
just raise it up so its like 4" from the top of the tire to the wheel well

why does it need to be stock hight? why not close to it? just get it in the area

to be honest jeffie, i got a STEEP grade i need to make when entering and leaving my girlfriends driveway...

her 99 lx sedan can barely make it in without scraping.

doesnt the front have to be a tad bit lower than the back on the ek coupes?

as of right now, i got both front tires raised up to the point where i can fit 4 fingers comfortably from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 27 2003, 08:58 PM
and quite possibly come to your house with some big fucking Irish and English soccer fans and insight a soccer riot in your bedroom, complete with baseball bats and tire irons over your forehead.

Bring it, I got some German fussball fans here that would love a stab at the english.

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Sep 27 2003, 03:33 PM
Hmm, lets see, I could go out and measure mine but being that you were a jerk to me last time....I think I'll pass, plus you aren't all that humorous to me.

i know, my degrading jokes do not appeal to all. sorry to hear i dont humor you.
i would talk more shit to you now, but im in and out of the house and too busy to bother :D

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 27 2003, 03:36 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Sep 27 2003, 08:58 PM

Bring it, I got some German fussball fans here that would love a stab at the english.

im tellin ya, nobody can hold a candle to the micks and the englishmen who live on my block :lol:

we are rooting for Manchester United anyways :D

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 27 2003, 03:34 PM
as of right now, i got both front tires raised up to the point where i can fit 4 fingers comfortably from the top of the tire to the top of the wheel well.

Remember that if you have your car on jackstands, those 4 fingers will turn into like 1 and a half when you drop it and put a load on the suspension.

Originally posted by NoJokE+Sep 27 2003, 03:49 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Sep 27 2003, 03:34 PM

Remember that if you have your car on jackstands, those 4 fingers will turn into like 1 and a half when you drop it and put a load on the suspension.

oh no, i took off the jackstands, put the tires back on, and dropped the car to the ground....

this is a pain in the ass....and i will have nothing to show for it in terms of performance at the end of the day.

i hate working on my car for reasons other than making it faster or handle better...

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Sep 27 2003, 01:22 PM
just grab a tape measure and find a parked EK at the mall or somethin.

tell me how weird it would be to walk out of the mall and find some dude you don't know measuring your car. i would be like what the fuk are you doing dueche bag...

Tony, the best i can do is wait for my sister to come home and take a measurement off of her 2004 Civic. i'll give you a call once i get it. latez.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Sep 27 2003, 04:56 PM-->
rixXxceboy
@Sep 27 2003, 01:22 PM

tell me how weird it would be to walk out of the mall and find some dude you don't know measuring your car. i would be like what the fuk are you doing dueche bag...

Tony, the best i can do is wait for my sister to come home and take a measurement off of her 2004 Civic. i'll give you a call once i get it. latez.

thanks Ray, but i think i got it !!!!

i raised all 4 up as far as they would go, and went over to my chicks house to see if i would clear the driveway..... i cleared it :D

only problem now is that the entire right side is a 1/2 of an inch higher than the left side.....so back outside i go to even things out as much as possible.

did you guys know that when you got a stock looking car.....no ricers rev on you in traffic, cops speed by you without giving you a second look and nobody pays attention to you ??????????????

ITS FUCKING GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think im going to leave my shit stock height...and save up the money i was going to use to buy lowering springs and complete my afc hack project/intercooler project and then turn up the boost.

only problem i did notice was that when i got to a open road with no traffic and i opened it up....the car did NOT launch as good as it did when it was lowered....

oh well. i got massive amounts of torque to the end of 3rd gear to make it up.

Originally posted by rsaeini+Sep 27 2003, 04:56 PM-->
rixXxceboy

I thought Tony was this big 6'4" muscle-bound guy. if he is, no one would fuck with him even if they saw him measuring their bumper.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Sep 30 2003, 03:27 PM-->
Originally posted by rsaeini@Sep 27 2003, 04:56 PM
rixXxceboy

I thought Tony was this big 6'4" muscle-bound guy. if he is, no one would fuck with him even if they saw him measuring their bumper.

:hmm:

You don't need a spring compressor, you big pussy! Just don't point it at your face when you take the top nut off and you'll be fine.

someone lock this thread, the car was finished late saturday night.

raised up to ~ what it is stock, but imo, it looks alot better now that it would stock, yes there is still some wheel gap, but not as much as it would be stock.

now i gotta work on fixing the stud i snapped off the front right wheel....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back