pls read this and post your comments

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

as i said earlier in this thread i had great results by istalling a a set of itr (jdm) pistons in a stock b16a1 that setup decreased my 1/4mile time from 14.2 to 13.6 with no other changes in the car.
now i dont know why you are saying that itr pistons have smaller dome .
when i did the swap i noticed that the itrs where higher by 1.5 -2 mm than the stock p30s

notice i had to machine out the rods to fit these bcos the itr rods are a bit narrower than the b16a.

could it effect the performance so much by having the rods a bit lightier???????????
dont think so!

You never said that earlier in this thread. If it worked already, why are you asking the question? Just go for it.

if you had to machine the rods or pistons so you can get any other b series rod to fit you are running CTR pistons. Im going to run ITR pistons on LS rods and I didnt have to machine anyhing.

Did the pistons say PCT or did they say P73?

it is simple why i 'm asking the question. this time i'm gonna use a gsr head instead of the b16 one i thought something may be different from the other .

and sorry for the crappy turbo built now thats come to past.
pls dont mansion it any more 10x

the pistons i'm using are p73 (jdm ITR) stock b16 rods does not fit into any of the r pistons cos the r rods (including those from b16b and b18c5r) are narrower cos of the weight reduced to have better revving performance.

never had an ls or seen one in my county. here in MALTA all b series are vtec

i was thinking of buying some ctr pistons now that had some advices about .

what about the nippon racing pistons are they worth for their price?
or shall i go oem
note i intend to it on low budget !!!

it is simple why i 'm asking the question. this time i'm gonna use a gsr head instead of the b16 one i thought something may be different from the other .

and sorry for the crappy turbo built now thats come to past.
pls dont mansion it any more 10x

I didnt want to, but you need to tune when ever you bump compression or do any major mods.

Nippon pistons are great pistons, Im using em for my build. They come with gas nitrate rings too! you can get them for 150 usd shipped!

socket your ECU and tune it your engine will perform better and will be reliable.

head was manually ported and port polished to mirror finish , got dual valve springs on the exhaust valves too, im is in progress to make it fit and then it will be ported too,then when finished i have to get it tuned for some more power

Did you test the flow of the head b4 machining?and after? How do you know if you over didnt bore the ports? ? ? ? :eek: .

you want more velocity flow(PnP), air is injected into the cyl much faster. You over bore it, your going to create a lot of turbulence where the air comes down from the intake runners and meets the head = poor performance.

Last edited:
yes sure but i have to wait untill they arrive i think it will be around 15 days then straight to the machinery

i have to stop the build right now cos of them:(

one other thig i have to ask here
today i picked up the itr cams but i not sure about them
the marks and grooving on them is that of the b17 , maybe because these where imported from the uk .can it be eu version?

rcams.jpg

do they look like this??

Back