Plugs and Wires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey, I've got a 94 Accord Ex Sedan that I just recently bought and am looking to modify a bit. My thoughts for the car are just to make a few simple improvements so as to make it more fun to drive; the car is to be my daily driver, so no forced induction or nitrous or internals will be done.

So far I've got an intake, and I am planning a nice header, probably the A'pexi WS exhaust, and a high-flow cat engine wise. My question is this: will upgrading my spark plugs and wires make any noticeable difference performance wise? I know not to expect much from a naturally-aspirated SOHC engine, but will it make any difference at all, is what I'm asking, enough of a difference to justify the cost of this stuff?

I'm thinking of probably going with Denso or NGK Iridium plugs and MSD or Accel wires, if that helps any...

And also, will upgrading to a hotter spark plug have any effect on the longevity of my engine?

Thanks for your time...

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Aug 10 2004, 01:42 AM
Use OEM wires and stock NGK plugs. I am boosted and that's what I use. When my motor is built I will still be using them.
[post=374669]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree you would be wasting your money getting expensive plugs and wires since the OEM factory ignition system is capable of supporting at least 400 hp. If you are looking for noticeable performance improvements bolt on parts wont do it for you you either have to go forced induction on a sohc or swap for a motor with more HP and a potential to be built up either NA or FI.

Back