PLX wideband

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Ok i have a quick question. Will the lower end model PLX o2's interface with my pc for data logging if i have a program? Or is the only way to get it interfaced to buy the wireless model (m-500)?

the m500 comes with its own software to datalog with.

the m300 and other models do not offer data logging.

but really, if you have datalogging on hondata/yourstandalone, you don't need it, as you can log it with hondalogger.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2005, 06:30 AM

but really, if you have datalogging on hondata/yourstandalone, you don't need it, as you can log it with hondalogger.
[post=483576]Quoted post[/post]​

Well heres the thing, i have turbo edit, and uber-data along wiht a stand alone data logger. I wanna be able to to use the widband in conjuction with the data logger i have already, so basily im just wanting to know if the lower end models will connect to my pc

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2005, 08:30 AM

[post=483576]Quoted post[/post]​

The PLX M-250/M-300 (the M-250 is essentially a M-300 without a display) do not inherintly connect to a computer. The do provide however, a narrowband and a wideband output wires which can be utilized by some datalogging software.

What datalogging software/system are you using? TurboEdit has datalogging features now (have for a few months) of which was written/implemented based off of the PLX M-300. I know this for fact, because we provided the PLX M-300. ;)

So if i were to get the m300, will i be missing out on anything other then the wirless part and there datalogging system? Would i just wire it like an o2 to the ECU as my current o2 is? I mean i see the m500 uses USB, im kinda confued on how the systems all wire up.

the only part of the m500 that is wireless is the datalogging feature. the rest of the unit/o2 hooks up the same as the 250/300 series.
basically, it saves you fom plugging the laptop into the unit. theres a small antenea that connects wireless-ly to the usb antenea on your laptop.
the o2 is still hard-wired to the ecu and the unit. and you will still have to install the supplied resistor if you want to mimic narrowband. Or, leave your stock o2 in place, and add a new bung for the wideband and use it as a meter, not a reading, only.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 7 2005, 08:34 AM
the only part of the m500 that is wireless is the datalogging feature. the rest of the unit/o2 hooks up the same as the 250/300 series.
basically, it saves you fom plugging the laptop into the unit. theres a small antenea that connects wireless-ly to the usb antenea on your laptop.
the o2 is still hard-wired to the ecu and the unit. and you will still have to install the supplied resistor if you want to mimic narrowband. Or, leave your stock o2 in place, and add a new bung for the wideband and use it as a meter, not a reading, only.
[post=484145]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool thats pretty much what i was lookin for......

Mine didn't come with the resistors to use it in place of the OEM o2, I had to get some other larger capacitors from the shop.

Maybe the upper series, or the newer kits they decided to start including them. I know that when I was looking for mine, the guy said it was a weird size cap.

Back