Polishing out chips in glass?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got my old Hella 500 lights back this weekend, and they're all chipped to hell. Not TOO too bad, but I'm wondering if there's a way that I can polish/ sand out the chips? I really can't think of how to describe how deep the chips are...

I know that there's some kind of glass filler compound that you can get to fill chips in windshields... that plus some semi-abrasive glass polish would probably work out for you.

if the chips are deep they aren't going to polish out... you could grind them out but that would make the glass weaker. Of course this isn't a windshield so it wouldn't really matter. As Cal said there's a product out there that will fill in divots in glass... but I haven't seen a thing of it in years.

How perfect does it have to be?

You can sand and polish glass just like paint. You can buy windshield repair stuff at walmart for under ten bucks.

What's the texture of the glass, got any pics? If the glass is completely flat, I'd have a glass shop cut new pieces of tempered glass. If the glass is grooved, then you'll have to use your own judgement.

Back