Pontiac solestice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Are they ever gonig to make this car? I read that they are in 2006 but that seems to far away since they already have a few prototypes.

Click here for pics

I would love to have the one with the SC

They are going to produce it, but it is going to be another year or so. I love the styling of the car, but the engine is so out dated. The ecotech is a 15 year+ old block, with even older technoligy. Also, it is a tad on the heavy side if it is trying to go up against the Miata.

:shrug2: i dunno...it looks better than the Sunfire...

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 6 2004, 05:25 PM
I love the styling of the car, but the engine is so out dated. The ecotech is a 15 year+ old block, with even older technoligy.

Need I remind you how old the B series blocks are, and how much older the concept of VTEC is? Who gives a shit... this fucking amazes me about you people... you bitch and moan about how a car company can't make a good car. Then Honda gives you a factory build hybrid (EK Si) and everyone bitches and moans about how it shoulda been a B18C, how it shoulda been a hatchback, whaa whaa... then they bust out a BRAND FUCKING NEW driveline and suspension layout and hand it to you in a hatchback body, and you STILL whine and complain. WTF? Then Dodge gives you the fucking SR4-T, and more griping ensues because it's a *NEON*, despite it being able to kick the shit out of ANYTHING Honda's made. Oh, and let's not forget the '00 Celica with six speeds, and phenominal handling. Whaaa... it's gears are too far apart... Oh, and then GM comes up with this thing and parts bins the engine to make it cheap enough so your broke ass can afford it, and you bitch and moan about 15 year old engine blocks. Who fucking cares? It's OBVIOUS that all the car manufacturers, especially the domestic guys, are bending over backwards to produce fun, cheap, reliable cars.

As far as GM goes, you guys seriously need to pull your heads out of your asses and wake up to the fact that GM is making cars that are on par with Honda in the reliability stand point now. In fact, I'd probably buy this Solstice over an S2K because it'll most likely be cheaper and just as fun.

You guys need to seriously shut the fuck up about new cars or get a job at GM and design 'em yourself.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 6 2004, 09:06 PM
the fact that GM is making cars that are on par with Honda in the reliability stand point now.

Thats because they are now using a Honda engine (such is the case with the V6 Vibe)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Feb 6 2004, 08:06 PM-->
asmallsol
@Feb 6 2004, 05:25 PM
I love the styling of the car, but the engine is so out dated. The ecotech is a 15 year+ old block, with even older technoligy.

Need I remind you how old the B series blocks are, and how much older the concept of VTEC is? Who gives a shit... this fucking amazes me about you people... you bitch and moan about how a car company can't make a good car. Then Honda gives you a factory build hybrid (EK Si) and everyone bitches and moans about how it shoulda been a B18C, how it shoulda been a hatchback, whaa whaa... then they bust out a BRAND FUCKING NEW driveline and suspension layout and hand it to you in a hatchback body, and you STILL whine and complain. WTF? Then Dodge gives you the fucking SR4-T, and more griping ensues because it's a *NEON*, despite it being able to kick the shit out of ANYTHING Honda's made. Oh, and let's not forget the '00 Celica with six speeds, and phenominal handling. Whaaa... it's gears are too far apart... Oh, and then GM comes up with this thing and parts bins the engine to make it cheap enough so your broke ass can afford it, and you bitch and moan about 15 year old engine blocks. Who fucking cares? It's OBVIOUS that all the car manufacturers, especially the domestic guys, are bending over backwards to produce fun, cheap, reliable cars.

As far as GM goes, you guys seriously need to pull your heads out of your asses and wake up to the fact that GM is making cars that are on par with Honda in the reliability stand point now. In fact, I'd probably buy this Solstice over an S2K because it'll most likely be cheaper and just as fun.

You guys need to seriously shut the fuck up about new cars or get a job at GM and design 'em yourself.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 6 2004, 10:48 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@Feb 6 2004, 09:06 PM
the fact that GM is making cars that are on par with Honda in the reliability stand point now.

Thats because they are now using a Honda engine (such is the case with the V6 Vibe)

Oh please, that's a load of crap. Yes, they use Honda engines, but that's not what I'm talking about. GM pulled their head out of their ass and got with the program and are now producing some amazing vehicles. Perhaps you should do the same.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 6 2004, 10:13 PM
Oh please, that's a load of crap. Yes, they use Honda engines, but that's not what I'm talking about. GM pulled their head out of their ass and got with the program and are now producing some amazing vehicles. Perhaps you should do the same.

I'll believe this when I see it. GM is notorious for producing the shittiest automobiles of the Big Three. I won't trust anything that comes out of GM for at least another 5 years. If they can prove they've turned over a new leaf, great. But in my book, they still make autos that crap out after 60-80k miles.

from my personal experince with GM.... and why i'll never own another.

I come from a chevy family. my parents pretty much will only buy a chevy mainly because they are cheap and have a GM discount from my grandfather.

the motors- are fine, and are perfectly reliable. then run good, smooth, and make good power for the most part *cough 2.8 v6 cough*

however, its the rest of the car that just falls apart.
my moms 94 lumina euro has 130k on it. you could eat off the interior. I doubt the car has ever seen 80mph.
and yet, she needs new brakes, (rotors and pads) ohh, about 3 times a year.
my dads old 88 blazer- 2.8 v6 4wd. 110k miles. on its 4th transmision rebuild. never towed anything bigger than a "garbage/dump/brush" trailer.
my dads 00 s10 zr2 without the zr2 (some tahoe package-- bigger wheels, etc). 40k miles steering clicks, 4wd knocks, and the shift smotheness of it blows.
my old 94 cavalier z24 3.1 v6. bought it with 30k. never put a dime into it. at 65k, i was hit- and thank god.
passenger side window wouldn't go down... and if it went down, it wouldn't go back up. track was fucked.
radio area was craking. seats were wearing fast.
everything rattled- especailly the sunroof area.
trunk leaked
but, mecahnically, it was fine. gave me 35k of $10 oil changes and a K&N filter.
the rest of the plastic car, sucked.

Back