POP QUIZ! *UPDATE YET AGAIN* *pics up*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Will a 92 civic CX axle fit a 94-01 gsr spindle?

Same diameter, number of splines, etc.. Anyone know?

If not, can I hybrid the axle with GSR ends and CX shaft and inside joints?

*edit*

And by "axle" I do mean "CV shaft" for you picky fuckers out there.

Worked great :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info!!

Got my front suspension and brakes done. In the shop getting an alignment right now.

Front Setup:

Teggy SiR-G complete brakes/spindles (should be the same as USDM GSR)
ITR Lower control arms
ITR Sway bar
Neuspeed sport springs
KYB AGX adjustable struts
Skunk2 Pro camber kit (upper A arms with sliding ball joint mount)

Everything went pretty smooth. Bolted right up.. But the alignment was FUBAR.. I was expecting that after replacing the entire suspension.

Quoted post[/post]]
show me pics, let us see it already :laugh:

Looks horrifying.. Seriously. Consider this: Red upper a arms, red struts, green springs, and black LCAs

Looks like I stole the suspension off of santa's sleigh. I did get pics though, waiting for it to come out of the alignment shop to get good pics of the car sitting lowered..

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
show me pics, let us see it already :laugh:

Looks horrifying.. Seriously. Consider this: Red upper a arms, red struts, green springs, and black LCAs

Looks like I stole the suspension off of santa's sleigh. I did get pics though, waiting for it to come out of the alignment shop to get good pics of the car sitting lowered..

:bustout: at least your in time for the Christmas season, RIGHT!!! :bustout:

i lucked out with all red on a red car :laugh:

I sang christmas carols the entire time I was installing them.. Couldn't help it. They are seriously festive looking. Now all I need is some Holley-leaf rims and missle toe center caps.. I'll be blingin' the santa wagon.

I am kinda scared to install the rear though.. The front sat really high, and now it is sitting at a much more tame height.. But the rear was already sitting at a pretty good height... Wheel gap was equal all the way around the rear wheel. I'm hoping like hell it already has drop, cut, or heated springs on the rear, because if it drops 1.7 inches from where it is now, it will be TOTALLY out of balance with the front end and look like the rear is sagging.

If that is the case, I will just have to buy the Koni/Neuspeed yellow shocks for the rear. They have a 5-point adjustable ride height. I like my cars to sit just a hair higher in the rear.. It also helps a little with honda's understeer.

throw me a pic and i could tell ya if it was dropped or cut, either way, most springs usually drop a tad bit more than the front i think, but not too noticeable, i have sportline on mine, take a look at my gallery or sig and see for your self.

BUT I STILL WANNA SEE THE CHRISTMAS SUSPENSION!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
throw me a pic and i could tell ya if it was dropped or cut, either way, most springs usually drop a tad bit more than the front i think, but not too noticeable, i have sportline on mine, take a look at my gallery or sig and see for your self.

BUT I STILL WANNA SEE THE CHRISTMAS SUSPENSION!!!

I'll post it up tonight. :wink:

CHRISTMAS SUSPENSION:

Before
sus0.jpg

SiR-G brakes from hmotorsonline.com
brakes1.jpg

Neuspeed springs, KYB AGX struts, and Skunk2 pro camber kit
sus00.jpg

All come together to make...
The Christmas Suspension!
sus1.jpg

Straight jacked from santa himself :mrgreen: Enjoy :wink:

P.S... Sorry, didn't get home in time to get pics of the car lowered.. Will update again some other time.

Next up: Audio Install!
alpine.jpg

so was the sir-g brake upgrade worth the $75, oh and how much was your total? with tax and shiping?

looks good bro, just in time for the festivities.

Quoted post[/post]]
so was the sir-g brake upgrade worth the $75, oh and how much was your total? with tax and shiping?

looks good bro, just in time for the festivities.

I'd say it is well worth the extra few bucks. Larger rotors and Nissin calipers.. Better quality stuff. Won't know its full benefits until I get the new master cylinder, booster, and proportioning valve installed.

I paid $700 total for several items.

ITR struts and prings $100
ITR front roll bar $55
ITR rear roll bar $65
ITR Lower control arms, front and rear $100
SiR-G full brake swap (front) $75
SiR-G full brake/suspension swap (rear) $175
Civic SiR strut bar $20.00

And $150 for shipping

It came to $740 total and I asked him if he would sell me the whole "package" for $700 shipped. He agreed.

Oh, and for the record, a true JDM Civic Sir strut bar is just a straight pipe welded to a couple of mounts. Very simple. Very light.

You sell brakes? I'm confused. :dunno:

Anyway, Pics of the hatch as it stands now..

Front brakes: Not a whole lot different looking than stock. Slightly bigger.
fbrake1.jpg

Front suspension:
fsus1.jpg
fsus2.jpg

fsus3.jpg
fsus4.jpg

The passenger side is currently sitting about 3/8ths of an inch higher than the driver's. I have a feeling that I didn't line up the upper spring hat bushing correctly with the spring. Will check that.

Also, Does the rear look lower than a stock EG? I haven't done anything to it yet.. I'm hoping it is sitting an inch or more lower than stock, as the rear suspension will lower it I believe 1.6 or 1.7 inches.

audio install is EASY! for civics...well I know Sedans but its easy on any car. Just take your time lol. You can always get a smart cable if you don't want to wire your harness.

I've installed dozens of audio systems. Which is the reason I now wear hearing aids.. Blew my ear drums out being a dumb ass.

Going to replace the speaker wires with a larger gauge, and probably up the size of the power and grounds to the HU. Other than that, I'll just wire it up and go.

custom mounts up front to clear the magnets/windows, and custom pods in the rear to accomodate the larger speakers :thumbsup:

P.S. Alpine Type R speakers weigh a retarded amount. Something like 6lbs for a 6.5" speaker? maybe more..

Back