Port and Polishing a head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark91zc

med_gallery_35920_400_206855.jpg

med_gallery_35920_400_233116.jpg

med_gallery_35920_400_245706.jpg

does anyone have any pointers

Finish your ports by hand, that is one of the best ways to go. I did my ports my self and they turned out beautiful. Expect to spend a lot of time working on them though, I have probably 100 hours of labor on that thing.

i am going to pull the valves and have them done after everything is done :) thanks for the info

have you used a flow wand yet? It will help you decide where you should deshroud the valves and where to leave them alone

where can i get one?? i have not taken much off right now i was just port matching and polishing everything.

Quoted post[/post]]
where can i get one?? i have not taken much off right now i was just port matching and polishing everything.
im pretty sure summit carries all that good stuff
also man, youm gotta be careful around where the valve seats itself in the head. if you take off to much, it can get dangerous. i hope your going to get a valve job when ur all done. what you should have done is lay your old valves in the head so when you were going at it with the polishing you didnt hit the original seat.

Back