Possible??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is it possible to Swap a SOHC head for a DOHC head to make a 1990 Honda CRX HF D15B6 1.5L DOHC?? If anyone has tried please let me know. The suspense is killing me. I just need to know before I purchase a DOHC head to try. It seems like doing this would increase the HP and Torq output of my kina sluggish motor.

No there isn't any dual cam D series other than the ZC, and I don't know if it's even possible to put that head onto a D15. You would be better off swapping the whole ZC dual cam engine or something else instead of a head swap. The only worthwhile head swap on that engine would be a mini-me.

a few people have put a d16a1 head on a ew-4 block. so it wouldn't surprize if it did fit. however norcal is right, for the cost to reward ratio, it would be better to swap the whole engine.

scott

... look at how wide a DOHC head is and compare it to an SOHC head ... and then tell me what you think :)

That doesn't have anything to do with it.. you can swap a dual cam H series head onto a single cam F series block. There aren't any D series dual cam heads available other than the ZC but it doesn't fit.

So it is possible.. but yeah for that kind of money I'd buy the whole engine for 600 bucks too.

Back