Post about my day on the bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
The guy who wrote this post up is also the one listing the Ninja EX500 on the FS board =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Racheal and I hooked up with Jeff (Jeffie7) today. He lives about 75 miles from us. We had already ridden 200 miles by the time we got
to his place. The roads were in kind of crappy shape today, but we had a good time nonetheless! Racheal snapped a few pictures.

ride1.jpg

The young, dashing, color-coordinated fellow is Jeff. The big, fat, old, lardass is me.

ride5.jpg

Once again, Jeff. The big Ninja can barely conceal my width.

ride3.jpg

Jeff's trick CBR.

ride6.jpg

A nightmare come true for Jeff's CBR (at least on the straights).

ride4.jpg

Did I mention the fashionable Jeff?

There are more details, such as the strafing run by a group of idiots, failed video attempts, and I think Racheal may have even
opened up some whoop-ass on his poor CBR. I'll let him fill in the details.

Ok now for my comments =)

Today was a blast! We at one point were doign well over 100 down RT and had a group of atlest 20 bikes fly by us doing 150+MPH "total asshats"
anyways I happened to have a cam mounted on my gastank and got it all on tape!
then found out later on that right after I got on the gas for the first time the cameras batteries went dead! FUCK!

ohwell I still got a short video out of it VERY short =( all the good stuff like 60-130mph pulls and having a ZX12R rip past me while doing tripple digits rocked!

ohwell heres a short video

http://home.comcast.net/~jeffie7/bikeshane2.WMV

sweet man..in the vid it sounds like u were just starting to come onto it..oh well

i wanna bike bad, ive never been on one tho..i love everything about them; the looks, the speed, everyone likes bikes. i saw that bike for sale that u posted..i wanna starter bike to start out with. my grandfather could teack me how, hes been riding for like 50 years..he has a dirrty completely chromed out harley soft tail heritage. anyway, nice pics and short vid :)

I gotta tell you... last weekend was INSANE!!!! We had a group of about 15 bikes & we cruised down to the inner harbor in B-more. I was scared shitless on the highway... we were cruisin' for 130 MPH for a while. I've never felt anything like that before in my life!!! Fun & scared at the same time... what an adrenalin rush!

When we got to the Broadway market all these cars started honking their horns & flashing their lights as we rode by. Our group revved their engines back to say HI. We pulled up & there were probably 10 other bikes there. We hung out & ate some kick ass hot wings until the fucking po-po showed up & yelled at us for having too many bikes in the parking spots- you're only allowed two per spot. :angry:

So we headed home. I've never been as sore as I was the next day! The wind really exerts a hell of a force on your head when you're going 130, so I was having to tense my neck to keep my head from flying back. Not to mention the position I have to sit in on the back of the bike killed my back & my forearms & wrists hurt from pushing on the gas tank. But it was worth it! One of the best nights of the summer!

Originally posted by SasSi@Jun 6 2004, 11:05 PM
I gotta tell you... last weekend was INSANE!!!! We had a group of about 15 bikes & we cruised down to the inner harbor in B-more. I was scared shitless on the highway... we were cruisin' for 130 MPH for a while. I've never felt anything like that before in my life!!! Fun & scared at the same time... what an adrenalin rush!

I've said it before and I will say it again the guys today that flew by us were asshats for doing that a good bit of the riders were riding 2 up......

I would NEVER EVER EVER take a girl on the back over 100mph you have no idea how stupid that is I HATE seeing that

ohwell I guess you have to watch a crash or see the aftermath of a girl falling off the back to understand why I think it is STUPID!

all the girl can do is hold on and hope the guy does have to "think fast" at any point

stupid

on another note Im glad you had a blast =)

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jun 6 2004, 11:13 PM-->
I've said it before and I will say it again the guys today that flew by us were asshats for doing that a good bit of the riders were riding 2 up......
That could very well have been any of the guys my boyfriend rides with or some of my friends/boyfriend.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 6 2004, 11:13 PM
ohwell I guess you have to watch a crash or see the aftermath of a girl falling off the back to understand why I think it is STUPID!

Generally, that's going to be due to inexperience on the part of the rider and/or driver. My man is very experienced & I've been riding on the back of bikes for years. Granted I know he's going to go down some time (everyone does), but that's a risk that we all take.

jeffie7
@Jun 6 2004, 11:13 PM
on another note Im glad you had a blast =)

I did have a blast!

Originally posted by SasSi@Jun 6 2004, 11:22 PM

Generally, that's going to be due to inexperience on the part of the rider and/or driver. My man is very experienced & I've been riding on the back of bikes for years. Granted I know he's going to go down some time (everyone does), but that's a risk that we all take.

I don't know of any real experienced guys who would do that.
And if it was your friends who flew by us do me a fav and tell them...

FUCK YOU

They were total asshats, lane splitting and cutting off cars as with scaring the hell out of racheal and catching shane off guard. They were also doing all kinds of crazy shit at 150+MPH.

Keep in mind Shane has been riding for 15+ years, His bike should be putting down right around 180WHP VERY VERY VERY POWERFUL BIKE! but once again, being the experienced rider that he is, he would never take someone on the back at 100+MPH.

Back in his inexperienced days 15 or so years ago he had a Ninja 750 one of the first badass bikes. He took a friend on the back at 100MPH+ he forgot about how added weight "2nd rider" REALLY hurts the stopping power and was not able to get the bike to stop fast enough... not pretty... lets just say he didnt have the bike anymore and thankfully no one was killed.

Experience keeps him from riding 2 up over 100MPH.

I would hate to be the guy who was riding 100+mph with a girl on the back when a car changes lanes on a highway leaving you with no where to go becuase you're gaining hundreds of feet in such a short time next thing you know wam you slame into the back of the car.

If that was me I could only hope I was killed, becuase I would hate to be the person to tell her parents "I killed their daugther becuase I "thought" I was experienced".

No thanks F that!

Having less then 10 years of riding with no track days under your belt saying you're experienced is like saying you know everything at the age of 18

Young people suck Stupid young people suck even more.

Looks like you had a great time jeff. I havn't had fun like that on my bike in months. Too busy with school and such, just using as transportation back and forth. We should get together and go cruising sometime jefffie, I need to get out and go crazy on the throttle. I forgot how powerful it makes you feel riding over 100+ mph. I would call myself an inexperienced driver, only riding a cbr600 for 8 months, so you can see the duck has been a big jump. Im almost scared to get on the throttle too harsh, too much power. :ph34r:

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 7 2004, 12:08 AM
Looks like you had a great time jeff. I havn't had fun like that on my bike in months. Too busy with school and such, just using as transportation back and forth. We should get together and go cruising sometime jefffie, I need to get out and go crazy on the throttle. I forgot how powerful it makes you feel riding over 100+ mph. I would call myself an inexperienced driver, only riding a cbr600 for 8 months, so you can see the duck has been a big jump. Im almost scared to get on the throttle too harsh, too much power. :ph34r:

Most jap sport bikes will out run a Duc

ducs are not made for all out speed they are very hard on the back great for the track bikes =) very well rounded bikes =)

btw KG sucks bahahhaha
=)

if you're ever up in this area let me know

I want a new bike so bad....You'all should ride out to cali. If you do that, I'll go out and buy a new zx-10r on the spot. :) Then I can motoman break it in on the twisties around here with you guys.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 7 2004, 01:12 AM

ducs are not made for all out speed they are very hard on the back great for the track bikes =) very well rounded bikes =)

btw KG sucks bahahhaha
=)

Yeah, after about 5 minutes of riding my back and ass start to ache. Its funny how uncomfortable it is, yet I love it so much!

And yes, KG blows fucking donkey nuts. You didn't have to tell me that. :)

Can't even get any internet faster than 56k. It's ridiculous.

Originally posted by dveit+Jun 7 2004, 12:41 AM-->
@Jun 7 2004, 01:12 AM

btw KG sucks bahahhaha
=)

Yeah, after about 5 minutes of riding my back and ass start to ache. Its funny how uncomfortable it is, yet I love it so much!

And yes, KG blows fucking donkey nuts. You didn't have to tell me that. :)

Can't even get any internet faster than 56k. It's ridiculous.

http://www.direcpc.com/

=) just do a google search you will find tons of options

Mike the only reason I would go out to CA for you to buy a ZX10R would be to pick the bike up and take it home after you kill yourself

I might "if the engine does not crack" beable to use the motor =)

BTW I keep thinking about buying a ZX10R I know if I buy one its going to scare the hell out of me not once on a backroad could I giveit any throttle without being worried about highsliding

There is such a thing as too much power =) and I want it! bahahhahaa

=)

I think a great idea for a new reality show would be to take 10 noobs like mike and place them on brand new Liter bikes and then we just sit back and watch them drive on real streets with real cars =)

I would pay to watch that!

we could all place bets on whos going to die first and also bets on HOW they go down =)

New FOX reality Show? Last person to end up in the emergency room gets 100,000 bucks.
But seriously, I'm pretty conservative on my bike, I am not worried about overstepping my ability level. I'd just be worried about people hitting me. That bike is so small. Your buddy has a damn sexy zx12 btw. I like them, but they look too bulky for me, the only "big" bike I'd consider would be the rc51. Either way I'm getting a new bike at the end of the summer or for a christmas present to myself. Lol to the person on the bandit in those pics. :)

I think a great idea for a new reality show would be to take 10 noobs like mike

I resent that remark...I'm not a noob by any means; just because I don't own a badass f4i, or just because I like to practice clutch wheelies on less used backroads, or because I just own an oldschool beater 1990 cbr600 with out-of-tune carbs and no body work doesn't mean you can judge my riding ability. Give me a bike like yours and I guarantee I'll hang with you, no problem.

I understand that the zx-10r is more power than I could ever need, but that is why I use something called discretion... I am a conservative rider, and I don't go faster than road conditions and my ability, and my bike's ability will allow. I know ride a beater, and so ride accordingly. Don't jump on my case.

:moon:

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jun 7 2004, 01:00 AM
New FOX reality Show? Last person to end up in the emergency room gets 100,000 bucks.
But seriously, I'm pretty conservative on my bike, I am not worried about overstepping my ability level.

Dude Im scared of them and I've been riding for awhile now

ZX12R is up there with the Busa and Honda XX as the fastest bikes in the world
the ZX-10R weighs about 130lbs less and has just about the same power!!!!!!

As Shane was saying today if you're on a backroad doing 40mph your bike is about midway up first gear "his goes to 90mph" so you have all that power right on tap becuase your bike is falling into the powerband you can shift to 2nd gear and keep it down low but your RPMs would be very low like 1500-2000RPM "my bike IDLES at 1200rpm"
so great you have all this power on tap and you can't twist the throttle more then 1/4th becuase if you do you will etiher highslide due to kicking the rear tire out, flip the bike, or just burn the tire

Me and shane ran each other a few times today playing around and it was a pretty even match up to 100-120mph however I was at full throttle and he was at 1/2-2/3 throttle anymore would once again either flip the bike or burn the tire

ZX10R is what super sport MOTO GP bikes were 2-3 years ago it is a bad ass bike I don't care how good you think you will be speaking from someone who rides 3-4 times a week Im scared of the bike! Im worried if I got a ZX10R I would not beable to lay into it while coming out of turns its just a total sick bike

even a R6/GSXR600 would hurt you so why buy something thats lighter and has 40% more power? "edit" its more like 60% =)"

"edit" I thought you were looking for a first bike I forgot you had the CBR"
even going from an older CBR600 I would still look at buying a newer 600 before looking into a new liter bike

"edit 3" I fucked up a lot of stuff in this post lol I need to get to bed"

The 240sx you passed in the video looked pretty damn clean. Good vid, dont know much about bikes but they sure do look fun.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 7 2004, 10:56 PM
This is why power on backroads is not a fun thing

More like "This is why braking around turns on backroads is not a fun thing"

Crunch! Sounded like it hurt!

Back