Post about my day on the bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SasSi+Jun 7 2004, 11:25 PM-->
@Jun 7 2004, 10:56 PM
This is why power on backroads is not a fun thing

More like "This is why braking around turns on backroads is not a fun thing"

Crunch! Sounded like it hurt!

he was not breaking

just like I was saying about the ZX12R and 10R if you give them gas they will either pull up, kick out :like in that video" or burn the tires

he just happened to tap the throttle while in the turn and it was enough to smoke the tire and cause a highslide

why own a liter bike when in reality you can't even max out the abilities of a common 600? thats not directed at anyone but more so at people in general. i bought my R6 because it was an "entry level" sport bike. and thats what i wanted, a sport bike. i was also aware of the performance abilities of it, and realized that i probably, in reality, couldn't ever push the bike to the point where my riding was limited by the bike rather then my abilities. that applies to most people 99.9998% most people buy huge liter bikes<or more> because of what they represent, or the addition 10-60mph gain on top end. i've done bout 160 on my 600, what good is that other then being ready to die instantly <if i'm lucky>? its cool, but its dumb.

why take a passenger over the speed limit at all. i have, and i do. i always speed. but i agree with jeff, screw the haulin ass with a passenger. shit happens, and i honestly dont care to take someone elses life in my hands and put it at risk. whether i've been riding for 2 days, or 35years. increased speed = increased risk. and i never want to have to tell someone that the person they cared for/loved is dead because ima fuckin idiot.

whats the point of a bike that you could only use 1/4 to a 1/3 thottle on? ehh, i dont really want one.

mike, i dont think jeff meant to "jump on your case" i think he was more directing it at noobs in general. noob could mean to jeff, anyone with less then 5 years? 10 years? hell, i've ridin with guys that ride everyday, stunt all the time, and have been doin so for a couple years. doesn't mean shit. they are still noobs, some of em. there's a difference between a real rider<superbike>, and a crazy rider <stunts>

again, these comments aren't directed at anyone imparticular, but as a general statement.

Back