Post Your Turbo Setup Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wana see some setups, lets see whatcha got, now's your chance to show off.

I plan on it once I get everything delivered here at the house and then installed. Brian I still plan on writing that article on turbo and intercooler installs, along with some visual aids! ;)

lol I planned on writing an artice for here about a turbo install and intercooler install. As you know they will both be Greddy kits(yeah I know you knew that) but the basics will be about the same for any turbo install.

Should I be the first? Suuuure, why not.

Mine's a little unusual, since I have a water/air intercooler, but here she is...

This is my 1991 Civic Si that I've rebuilt everything in the front of about 3-4 times now. I call it my little sleeper.

corner92902.jpg

For parts, here goes...

B16a block and head, 89 head on a 91 model block
-Micropolished Stock Crank
-Wiseco/Endyne Rollerwave 9:1 compression .20 over pistons with skirt and combusion chamber's ceramic coated
-Eagle B16a Rods
-STR Block Guard
-94 GSR Cams
-01 ITR Valve Springs and Retainers
-01 ITR Intake Manifold
-95 JG 64mm overbored B16a Throttle body

A-1 90-91 Integra LS Transmission, soon to be Quaife LSD equipped
Clutchnet 6 Puck Sprung-Hub Clutch
HaSport Welded Race Eurethane Equipped Motor Mounts
JimFab Crossmember and Traction Bars
Tial 35mm Wastegate
Precision Turbo SC34 57 trim/60 a/r compressor, 63 a/r exhaust, stage 3
Custom 3" downpipe by NexLevel
Custom 2.25" turbo - intercooler piping, black powdercoated
Custom 2.25" flaring to 2.75" intercooler - throttle body piping, black powdercoated
Spearco Water/Air intercooler, custom tank and lines

Here's the old setup, but it will be laid out the same as before, jsut with a few new parts:

enginebay92902.jpg

Here's a pic of the water tank and heat exchanger for the intercooler, and the pump that runs water through it all:

fc0402db.jpg
fc0402fb.jpg

Here's a few pics of the new parts...

The Precision Turbo's SC34:

fc595ad9.jpg

The Tial Wastegate:

fc646ba4.jpg

My Inline Pro Cast Stainless Turbo Manifold:

fc1d6b24.jpg

And all that test fitted in the car:

fc1d6b26.jpg

Nice as always bro. I have always liked your setup. The sleeper 4th gen... Yeah you got that right! What you pushing at the wheels now with the new set up bro?

Thanks for the compliments.

Haven't got a DP made for the new setup yet. Should have that done in the next 2 weeks or so.

I found out my old turbo was only a dinky ass 46 trim! I made 232 at the wheels on that tiny little bastard!

With the 3" DP, open wastegate dump, better flowing manifold, MUCH bigger turbo, we're hoping to see 350 at the wheels. In the meantime, I am getting my hands on a GSR shortblock with some knock in it for the low low. :) That'll be sent off to be sleeved and prepped for the 84mm piston treatment. 1.95L here I come. Muahahahahaha! :evil:

That's Sprite, my g/f's cat. He's AWESOME. I use him as a model whore for my new parts...

Here's some more pics of him....

With my Golden Eagle Oil Supply kit...
fc5afd8c.jpg

With my Box for the Tial Wastegate...
fc646bad.jpg

fc646bb0.jpg

Got my intercooler yesterday. I will post pics after and during install of everything!

nice setup sirkid. looks sweet as hell but you got soo much shit crammed into that engine bay, it looks like it would be hell to work on anything. lol. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually with the new manifold and turbo, it SEEMS like there's alot more breathing room for everything in front of the engine. Probably just my imagination, though.

I ran it at the track on the MUCH smaller old turbo, smoking it's butt off from bad turbo seals, broken rear motor mount, cracked Down Pipe, rolling on 185/65/14 96 LX Civic Steelies with "Premium Performance" generic tires.... On these tires on the street, I could get the boost up in 1st by 6000 rpm, grab second really fast and lay down a PAIR of 200 ft long BLACK tire marks... Stock Honda differential's aren't all THAT bad. ;)

It went 13.8@102 like that, and I spun through 1st and second, and let off the gas before redline in 3rd, and coasted the last 300 ft or so to the traps.

Yeah, I'm making excuses, but let's just say, it's gunna kick ass this time around.

Back