Power Calculator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is probably a repost, but it seemed interesting enough.

It is a bunch of different calculators for turbo charging and what not.

Turbo Calculator

the link is just the one for turbo's, theres more on that page then

lol- according to that, at 15 psi, i shoudl make 10,000 hp and over 60,000 ft/;lbs of torque.

that calc. sucks ass

wow so at 12psi I should be making a little under 10,000 hp and about 60,000 ft. lbs of torque. I hope my stock axles will hold up...

:p

yeah i didnt put anything into it yet, i wasnt really expecting it to work

just something i came across

i just did the drag time one, it said ill do a 12.5 with 225 hp in the weight of a hatch. it may be a lil off, i give it a :thumbsdown:

Works just fine...
You do realize that the bore and stroke have to be in INCHES. If you put in 84mm and 89mm of course your going to get 100000hp, I put in 3.307 and 3.503 (b20). Also the temp has to be in Celcius, about 25 is right (I think thats about 80degrees). I got very realistic numbers for my car, in fact I put in (-2) for the boost pressure (vaccum) and I got almost exactly what my car puts out.

Oh and the 1/4 mile time for a hatch is going to be off, its a front wheel drive and you've probably got a typical honda HP motor in there don't ya? The calculator is probably using the formula that everyone else uses...

HP= weight / (ET/5.825)³

Solving for ET you get

HP*(ET/5.825)³ = weight
(ET/5.825)³ = weight/hp
(ET/5.825) = (Weight/Hp)^(1/3)

ET = 5.825*CubRt(Weight/Hp)

I don't think its that bad of an indicator. It's not meant for the average honda car though... The ones that pull HP from nowhere :p

Buzz1167
Jon N

werd....but if you do it by hand you still have to convert displacement to cubic inches....

Don't mean to sound like a smartass, but I will. It says at the top to "please read directions". If you click it, it takes you to the bottom of the page where it says all this... B)
I'm not some kinda super-kid that just guessed it to be in inches, But I can read real well. :ph34r:

Buzz1167
Jon N

I think you're throwing gasoline on a fire... :)

Buzz1167
Jon N

Back