power on b20/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaneb

Hi all , Im thinking of building a b20/vtec . I just got a itr block and im not happy with it , i have a b16a head on the block with ctr cams, and i still not happy.

so im thinking of pulling the head off and puting it on a b20 block with je pistons ...

what would the power be with this set up..... and would this be a good idea?????

i Went from a b16 block to itr block and it's fast but not what i thought it would be. i was told to go b20 for more power .......

if your thinking of staying n/a, just get the block sleeved and take it to 84-85mm, run some high compression pistons-> 12:1, get some stronger rods, and get your head ported. add a skunk2 IM with a larger throttle body, and your good to go.

that motor would own.

whatever you do keep the ITR block

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 16 2003, 03:05 PM
why would you put a b16 head on an itr block?

b16 head and ITR head are of the same cast.

I just got the itr block with no head , the guy i got it from used the itr head on the b20 block and had the itr block just sitting around.....

Originally posted by shaneb @ Oct 16 2003@ 6:33 PM
I just got the itr block with no head , the guy i got it from used the itr head on the b20 block and had the itr block just sitting around.....

that 'splains it. i was under the impression that you'd ditched the itr head for a b16 head.

i :wub: my ITR block :)
s3f8ead83ea610.jpg

stop flaunting it already y0. i hate you even more every time i see another pic :p :lol:

a gazillion Hp @20Rpms...
Just kiddin'!
There is no way to know how much power you'll get. It all depends on condition of the motor and your set-up.

If you wanna get rid of the ITR block, i'm sure plenty of people here will take it off your hands for you...

well if i do get rid of my itr block , ill let you guys know, i have bin told by lot of people that a b20 it a good ass set up but they never last.... so im still think of what i should do ....

Back