Power steering after a swap ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18CBeast

Just got a b18c in my 92 hatch but it didn't come with a power steering bracket so I couldn't hook up the existing power steering components. Will I only have to get the bracket to hook everything up, will the belts line up? I thought about getting the manual rack swap but I have heard it isn't very easy to install. Also, will the steering be ok for now if the ps lines aren't closed or hooked up to anyhting, the fluid is empty at present? Thanks.

Hey man..u have to use a gsr ps bracket and gsr ps pump..everything lines up after that. THats if......u have ps on ur car already....if u dont ..den u have to use a ps rack from a civic that it...

yeah,. you need a gsr ps bracket and pump to make the ps work right. it isn't going to hurt anything my leaving it dry for right now though.

DArin

Shoot my bad...i didnt read ur post clearly. U do have ps. If u got it use it ...dats wat i say. I was fortunate that my buddies have a lot of those parts lying around. I got the ps pump from a buddy, and the bracket from my cuzzin. Im glad i ran it, i just wish i can run my ac but i need a del sol ac bracket which is like over a hundred bucks. Keep the ps rack, u'll might end up regretting it.

So, the ps pumps on a 92 si and a 96 jdm gsr are totally different? Are the pressure lines different too? I have a perfectly good ps pump but need to know if I have to get the gsr pump.

Back