PR3 to P28 or P30

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buff_Hatch

With the swap to B16A I am using the PR3 ECU. .. If I go to the P28 or P30, do I have to do rewiring? Any kits available? Any help appreciated,,, new to the ECU upgrades--THANKS!

I am having problems with the ECU throwing a Code 9 - the CYL #1 sensor and if I am correct, it is in the ODB0 dizzy and would have to be replaced as a unit unless I can find another cause or cure..

So if I have to replace the dizzy, then it was suggested just to go to ODB1 [ wiring harness adapter + dizzy as you said] and go to a P28 or P30 ECU- which could be programmed more than the PR3, since I eventually want to turbo the B16A..

if your not running an engine management yet you would have to use a p30 or obd1 pr3 ecu. As you already stated with the wiring harness adapter for the ecu as well as one for the distributor (the dizzy is easy to repin though just match up colors). You would also need a 4 wire o2 sensor in the bottom of your header instead of the 2 single wire ones in your primaries you have now.

word to the wise though if you buy a distributor king distributor (the cheapest) the coloring is different on a couple wires.. if i remember right the white and orange/peach colors have to be switched.

Thanks, I will keep that information in mind. I actually found the problem with the distr, the retard that had the car before me wired the O2 wire to C2, which is for the CYL #1.. I reconnected and it runs great! So, I won't have to purchase a new dist. :D

Thanks for the help!​

Back