prelude b20a swap to h22 advice needed.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stylieee

new to the forum so first of all, hi everyone. :)

ive tried searching the board but i havnt found any info on this so here goes.....

i want to swap my current preludes 93 2.0i 16v(UK spec, the non vtec crap one) for a h22a. ive never done an engine swap before so could do with as much info on whats intailed as possibly please. if anyone knows of an existing "how to" guide for this swap could you point me in the right direction please?

cheers,
Matt.
:)

ps. i put b20a in the title in error. i think its a b20 but im not sure which one.

the b20A5 from a 88-91 prelude i think

An h22 in that car would be quick but from expierence of doing an engine swap, there is no way you could do it yourself if you have never done it before. If im correct and youve never done a swap before, notify me in your next post and i will explain to what needs to be done. im bored so i will go look up articles for your swap.

its actually a 92-96 prelude (93 in this case), uk model. would that make it any easier or would i still be wasting my time?

oh, and you're correct, not done an engine swap before.

Originally posted by Stylieee@Nov 5 2003, 01:10 PM
engines an f20a1 btw.

thats what i thought, I was reading the post and i was like... WTF?!?

To answer your question. i believe the motor will drop right in. Some 93 preludes come stock with the h22 (i think) do some google reasearch. dont take my word for it.

yea some do come stock with the h22. only problem i can see is wiring (for the vtec etc.).
basically what do ya recon, would i be mad to attempt this as i have no experience??

Do you have any skills at all when it comes to cars and mechanics?
If not, i don'T recommend trying it yourself...

It is feasible, although i'd recommend trying something different for a first time.
I think your f20 may already have the p13 intake which is the same with H22. If it's the case, it will be fairly easy... most complicated part will vtec wiring and it's a joke.

Originally posted by vtec-tec-tec@Nov 6 2003, 12:40 PM
Do you have any skills at all when it comes to cars and mechanics?
If not, i don'T recommend trying it yourself...

not much to be honest. but id only really attempt it if i had some help from someone with more knowledge (asking about my friends at the moment).

Back