1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prelude combat side skirts

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by 95preludetypes, Oct 2, 2003.

1. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

i have a 95 prelude with combat sde skirts i need to make the parts that go up the fenders stay flush but i dont want to run screws into my body any suggestions thanks

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

go to home depot buy some fiberglass resin, hardener, fiberglass mat, and cloth. Read instructions on the back and mold those motherfuckers on!

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

you may have to put some screws into the body to hold it in place and then fiberglass over the screws to hide them.

4. Wycked Sniper

Wycked Sniper Senior Member

I have seen entire body kits held in place by double sided tape. Don't confuse it with the cheap stuff for hanging pictures and such, I mean the auto grade ( I think it's 3M or something) heavy duty tape. I wouldn't trust the tape entirely ( just my opinion) I would also add some screws for sure. The bumpers require bolt mounting points but I was referring to lips and side skirts to be exact. Unless you have fiberglass experience, I'm not sure I would glass them on. We've done fiberglass for 10 years and I'm still leary about molding parts to cars other than scoops. Just my 2 cents.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted