Pressure Plate Problems???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have like a stage 3 clutch in my car with a HD pressure plate and a sprung six puck clutch with a aluminium flywheel.

Now when i first installed the clutch and flywheel along with the new throwout bearing, the clutch disengaged at say 1/8 the way down (pedal travel). Now its been like couple of months or so of daily driving and traffic and now i have to push the pedal down like almost 1/2 the way down before the clutch will disengage.

What can i do to fix this or do i have to get a new pressure plate or what???

I have a JDM 1998 Accord with the F20B/H22A with a hydraulic clutch.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ive heard about the clutch lines and whatnot but my clutch fluid reservoir is full with no leaks. Could the stock rubber clutch line have expanded because of the more pressure it has to exert to disengage the beefier pressure plate.

I'm just wondering beause I don't think the pressure plate would be going after a few months.

Could i just need to upgrade my clutch line????

try bleeding the lines if that doesnt help then swap out to a braided line

definately bleed the lines. if any air gets in there that can screw it up completely.

to bleed the lines just open you clutch resivoir and your brake resivoir. start the car and leave them open. hold in your clutch and press the brake pedal in. hold it down and just keep putting more and more pressure on the brake. then switch and do it with the clutch. the air will escape out the open resivoirs.

you can press it in gradually, but press it to the floor, hold it there and then press it harder, and hold it and harder. do it for like five minutes. you should be all set.

Thanks for the advice guys but i took it to my mechanic and he fixed it in like 5 minutes.

All he did was take some of the play out of the clutch pedal (it wasn't so obvious to me).

It works fine now, like brand new except for the extra stiff pressure plate B)

Back