pricing of a GS-R 1992

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

psi

Okay, i've been looking online to see how much I should be pricing my GS-R. I can't find the value of my 92 gs-r except on the kelly blue book. I know its a rare car in a sense that the production of the b17 was only for 2 yrs in the U.S.

How much is the car worth vs the engine alone? Any ideas would be appreciated.

That motor was only offered in the 92-93 acura integra gs-r. 160 hp and 117lbs of torque. Depending on how the body is you might make more by just selling off the motor. It depends on how many miles are on the motor. If i were you I would find a little civic hatch to put it in and then go tear up the track. Seriously!

Okay. It is near stock other than the Cold air intake and the MSD ignition system that is installed. Everything else is factory spec'd.

Its just hit 125k on it. So I think that is pretty good for a 1992 GS-R. I just wish I got more people with input on this topic.

That motor is about beat dude, sorry to say it. Seriously, rebuild it and throw it into something light weight like a civic hatch. First off that year integra is on the ugly side, no offense to other owners(its just not me). Go with like an eg, ek's are also on the iffy side, sorry again other owners.

i got dibbs on the motor if you sell it:D

i got dibbs on the motor if you sell it:D

As for someone else here, he says that my integra is on the ugly side. I personally like the way it looks. Anyways, how much are you looking to spend? I've been offered $6k for the whole car a while back and I think I should of sold it back then. But yeah, this b17 is so rare. I haven't seen another on the road other than mine.

well i would only wont the motor, so if your looking to sell the hole car im out. but you should try and find that guy that offerd 6k i would have ripped his arm off

I don't think I can find him. He's somewhere in Virginia and I'm in Hawaii now. But I wished I had sold it then. There are a lot of people in Virginia that either fix up cars or are people that are wanna be's that have all the fake stuff on their car to make others think they got the go... I hate those people. Anyways, yah ....I'd like to find that guy again. Plus back then, I remember that you could still find the motor and tranny together for like $7-8k but that was like on the internet somewhere.

you must have been out of the sene for a wile you can get the top dog of all swaps for 5 grand and and any b series between 1-4 grand with everything you need tranny and all,

You'll be here forever trying to sell your gsr for what its actually worth to
!YOU! When the simple fact is that your not gonna get at all what you think because theres to many strikes agianst you here (mileage, price, age) I too have a 92 integra and have thought about selling it until the insulting offers started rolling in. My teg is has an XSi swap with nitrous and with a perfect body and these people were sending me offers as if i was selling a fucking moped with a bent wheel. Thats when i realized i was never gonna get the amount that i wanted unless i was gonna sell it for peanuts, so i ended up keeping it and building it up even more and putting a turbo kit on it.

Bottom line is if your not gonna price it to sell then you don't really want to sell it.

Go to G2IC.com and look around. I think most are going for around 4500 or so. Maybe less. Rarity doesn't really count for anything but headaches in the honda world, but there are a lot of diehard G2 integra fans, myself included. I wouldn't pay more than 4k for a 92. But 125K is far from dead, especially the b17. My LS engine suffered a LOT of hard abuse until it spun a rod bearing at 170k. It's now at about 260k. Granted, it's build now though, lol.

Damn, what all did you change. My engine was at 160,000 when it was rebuilt. 6,000 miles after it was rebuilt i found out i had a stripped block. I already talked to you about it bergy. My block ended up being stripped.

Block was overbored to 81.5mm, and honed to spec with custom CP pistons and rings and ultralite wristpins, 11.5:1 compression, Eagle H-beams, the Endyn ones to give my LS a gsr R/S ratio. All main and rod bearings were replaced with ACL bearings, and OEM Honda bearings if the ACLs didn't bring the clearances to spec, ARP headstuds, Rocket L21 cam regrinds and valvesprings, ALL new seals and gaskets, new waterpump/timing belt/ tensioner, adjustable cam gears, DIY port and chamber work, Rocket Motorsports multiangle valve job with radiused exhaust side, ....what else? I have a nearly complete assortment of obd0/obd1 tuning tools (currently staying obd0), and tuned everything myself.

Holy shit. From what I wad told I got a freshly decked head, new valve guides, re-cut valves and seat, new oem pistons and rings. A bored and sleeved block, new timing belt, new water pump, and all the other misc. shit. Doesnt matter anymore, the block is junk and a motor is coming from hmotorsonline. Im so excited, its jdm so I get the extra 3 hp. Question about that though, b18b1 usdm=142 hp, jdm=145, same torque though. I was told the extra 3 were coming from slightly more agressive cams, is that true? Sorry for the long post.

ok my friend is selling his 93 gs-r for 3 grand i think it's a good price for a starter but he's going to a 95 gs-r so there's the price i think you should go

Back