prob with car need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixonsi

i put a after market Intake Manfold on my b16a2. well the first thing it started doing is reving real high at ideal about 1500rpms to 2000rpms. not only that but if i let it set a ideal for to long when i bearly push the gas down it will go BUMP BUMP BUMPright at 2500rpms untill i turn off the car and turn it back on again. i took it to the shop but they told me i had to omm out the TPS.i just changed out the TB and it brought the rpms down alittle and it does not go bump as much but it does some times. and also when i take off when it is jack up and going bump my car will take off like normal then it will feel like i let off the gas and then mash it and let off the gas and mash it and do this untill i shift gears and do it in that gear or turn off the car.i went to autozone to get my CE light checked and he told me it was my IAC that is throwing the code. i need help oh and my car reves up and down when i push in the cluch but only when im rolling it will stop right after i stop. please guys i need help with this thanx

you have a definate intake leak, did you put new gaskets on with the new manifold, also, did you make sure to clean off all of the old gasket material?????
Either way, once you find the leak fix it and your problems should go away.

i put a new im gasket but not tb gasket. when i put the new tb on the prob and the CE light went a way for a little bit but came back with in 2 to 3 hr. but when i did change it i took off the neg battery cable. and just found out one of my friends that help me broke one of the bolts on the im its the highest one one the passenger side but i was told that if we have all the other one in then its should be no prob plus i dont have the money to get that fixed right now.

not true about the im bolts, you have to have all of them in order for it to seal properly. That is probably where you are having the problem.
If you go to the store and get some carb cleaner or brake&parts cleaner, spray it around your sealing surfaces, try to do it in small spurts so that you can find the leak. When the engine changes tune (either starts to die, orrevvs up really high depending on what is in the cleaner) you have found the general area of the leak.
you also should check the back of the i/m, some of the aftermarket intake manifolds came with extra holes that need to be plugged, check that out too.

yea we pluged all the holes and thinks for the cleaner tip did not think of that ill do that tomarrow and post the results

Back