problem getting rear bracket on 97 gsr to line up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95dxcpe

I'm working with a 97 gsr, with a b18c1 going back in it. With the left and right mounts hooked up, the rear mount bracket won't line up with the bolt hole. It's like the whole motor needs to get pushed back towards the firewall another inch or two, but I can't pry or tilt in any direction with the other 2 mounts in place to get it to go back that far, and it seems like it would hit the sway bar before it got there anyway. Normally, I hook up the rear first and just pivot off that to get the rest to line up afterwards, but this time around I was working with floor jacks and couldn't get the right angle to do the rear first. Are there any other rear mount brackets for another car that will bolt up to the motor/tranny but be too short to reach the mount? Or should I just unbolt the other mounts and start over doing the rear first? I'm just a little confused because I've never had a B-series engine job kick my ass like this, and this bracket isn't the one that came off the car when the motor came out, I'm wondering if the dealer ordered up the wrong one...

Automatic and manual transmissions have a different bracket. Did you swap transmissions and not the bracket by any chance?

Back