Problem H22 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I swapped a H22a into my 1995 Accord Ex. and have had nothing but problems
When i start my car the engine pulses from 700-1200 Rpm's when it warms up it stops doing it until you give a little gas then it does it again..
Any ideas what could be the problem
Could it be timing?

check everything like dohcvtec said, then you might wanna check the idle speed. besure to check the IAB too, this sensor when not hooked, doesn't throw codes.

What this IAB sensor you're talking about? Intake air bypass?

I'm having the same problem with my H22. I don't know what the heck is wrong with it. BTW, Can you really adjust the TPS? Mine right now gives 0.5v with closed throttle and approx 4.3~4.4 volts with wide open throttle and the voltage change is pretty smooth during throttle operation. I know it's supposed to be 0.5v and 4.5v. I also replaced the Idle air control valve and it's still keeps reving between 700 - 1500rpm. I'm going to check all my vacuum hoses tonight to make sure there isn't a leak somewhere. Any other suggestions?

The IAB sensor is for the secondary intake runners. It needs to be hooked up for the butterfly to operate correctly.

JDM engines come with an adjustable TPS. There's a bolt on either side, you loosen them and then rotate the sensor back and forth. USDM engines have the TPS fixed....you need to drill out the rivets that hold it in place and replace them with bolts.

This IAB sensor, where abouts is it located? Can you describe what it looks like so I can check it out on my engine

Back