problem with b18a1 hb help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89b18a1

whats up guys im new to the board so i have a 89 civic hb dx with a b18a1 swap in it and i bought it from a guy like that and when it was being driven back it gave out i dont know what happen because i was in the car in front i had no license at the time lost it but so i get it towed to the house it starts but idles at 200-300 rpms and it got some kind of knock coming from it you have to listen close to hear it but once i put it in gear it and hit the gas it just dies out so its going to my friends shop to see if it can be fixed can any of you point me in the right direction i just want to have some clue of whats wrong with it. thanks p.s. i buddy of mine has a b18b and he said that he would let me get it if my other motor cannot be fixed its obd 2 but what would i have to do to convert it to obd 0 just change dizzy and injectors off my other motor and it would start right up with my pr4 ecu. please help

you said it makes a knocking sound? more then likely its the bearings.

as far as running the obd2 engine obd0, you need the distributor, ecu, injectors w/resistor box and the stock harness thats in your car now.

If it's a bearing knocking would that have done enough to the motor to make me replace with another,or would it be better to fix the one i have now. p.s. does anyone have a b18a1 or b18b that you want to sell it has to be in working order cause i want to get this car on the road name price with in reasonable zone.

Back