1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with crower cam stage 2

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by robtec, Sep 1, 2003.

1. robtec

robtec Junior Member

first of all:

ported and polish head

head milled .060

iceman intake

ractive match ported header

stock intake manifold

custom exhaust with no cat

no air no power steer

runs 15.1@91mph with the factory cam

runs like crap with the crower cam

i have a wild idle problem and the car dies on mi when i am not hitting the gas pedal

the ignition timing is at 10 degrees, i can not advance it past 10 degrees because the car runs like crap at the stock cam timing setting, i think this is because the head is milled .060 i have the cam sproket retarded in order to make the cam run good.trust me i tried a lot of cam timing settings and this one seems to be the best one the car runs 16.0@85 with the cam timing at 0 and 15.1@91 with the sproket set at -10 degrees

please advice, help ,info, anything :worthy:

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

it should run like crap at idle, because of the beefier lobes, and most likely the reason ur dieng at idle, if b/c u are trying to start without having ur rev's high enough, so when it engages the rev's go to low and u stall.i dunno about the timing tho.

3. Ado

Ado Junior Member

Welcome to the world of bigger cams

I have the crower 404's in my car, and the Idle is brutal, i have to apologize to people in advance for the rough ride. My car seems to run pretty good when the cams gears are set at 0,0, but when I go to the track and set them to 2,-2 thats when it really gets bad. Im trying to stage my car and it doesn't wanna run....I'd say go to a tuner and get them to do a driveability tuning...they will fool around with your AFC and Cam gears until they feel you car is running at its best....hope this helps

-Adrian

4. robtec

robtec Junior Member

right now i am thinking about a few things that i can do to improve the motor

i will post the results B)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted