problem with engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95vtec

i have a 95 ex with a jdm b16a and it wont start. i have change out plugs, wires, igniton moduel, coil, main relay and still nothing i have spark but thats it. i changed the ecu to the p28 and still nothing what could it be what to get this car up and moving.

i disconnect the line that gives gas to the fuel rail and gas comes out. if i don't do that then you smell it. could the ecu have anything to do with it.

it should be pressure from the fuel pump , when u disconnect the fuel line from the rail it should be pressure on there.

if theres no pressure its more like an bad fuel pump than the 2 ecu´s u tried out. u should be able to hear the pump prime for 2 sek. when u turn key to ON posission, u can also disconnect the fuel line and stick the end in some container (bottle or sum) and turn the key to ON (dont start it) it should spray out gas,

what is it doing ? does it crank ? have spark ? fuel ? did it run before or is this a new swap ?and b16a or b16a2 ?

i have spark now and gas comes out of the line when i turn the key to try and turn on the car. i had a d16z6 and swaped to a jdm b16a. all you hear and see is everything turning. i havent tried it with the old ecu p30 just the ecu the engine came with which is the p28. someone told me to try the other ecu p30 and if it starts would it be that i have a bad ecu
thanks for the replys

Back