Problems after installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bom

hi all, hope u guys here can help me out. i have just done a crvtec andnow after i just installed,it givin problems. the setup is stock but i am running very very richand the engine check light is on! durin idle its fine for awhile than it will shoot to 1500rpm. wat should i do? i am usin a b16 head and a b20b block. pls help :worthy:

what year is the b16 head from and what car are do you have this engine in? it sounds like a Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) or a Throttle Position sensor. check those two and you might find the problem,

the head comes from a b16a2. the car is a eg9 93' model. just to let u know that the ecu is stock. when switched on the cel stays on and wont go off

if your check engine light is on,and you haven't pulled the code, this is a uselesss thread.

get a paper clip or pice of wire, jump it, get the code, and see whats wrong. the answer is in front of you... not on the internet

just found out. the cel blinked 5 times than 1 short steady light and another nine blinks.

ok, that doesn't help me... lol.

the way the thing blinks is like this:

short short short = 3

long long short short short = 23

long long short = 21

so, if the way you posted it, its 51 and 9, which relates to nothing for 51, and CYP for #9...

sounds like timing issues for #9. check your timing, and make sure you have the right T belt.

if it was 5, and then one,
5= map sensor,
1 = o2 sensor.

Back