Problems after installing new fuel filter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buktheng

Ok, so I drove to 1320online from my house which took about an hour and half. Drove there fine, no engine check light, no low pressure oil light blinking. I bring the car in there, they look at it, blah blah blah and can't do much cause I was hoping they would be able to tune it. So all I say is just install a new fuel filter and they do.
Is it normal for the gas to be squirting all over the place when you are losening it? I saw that happened and got kinda ruined the gas squirting all over the engine. Well, after the dude got done installing it, I pay for it and drive home.

I'm about half way home and just got through the toll booth to pick up a ticket. I shift into 3rd and decide to floor it. It gets to about 5.5K and then all of a sudden my engine check light comes on. I'm like wtf is up with this, so I just keep driving normally. Then all of a sudden my oil light is blinking and i get pretty worried. But it was like an on and off thing. I get closer to home and it starts blinking again over and over. I turn off the car, and turn it back on and the engine check light goes off and the red oil light goes off.

Half hour later, I drive it again and the oil light is starts to blink again over and over. Can anybody think of what is wrong?

Ok, I just checked the oil level and its pretty damn low and I just changed the oil like 2-3 weeks ago. Is there a reason for it to consume so much oil? I guess highway driven isn't good at all huh.

When changing the fuel filter, it is normal for gasoline to spurt out from it. Experienced people have a rag handy to soak up the mess.

Are you leaking oil from anywhere? When you changed your oil, did you use a fresh crush washer? And be careful not to overtighten your drainplug and strip the threads. Fill your engine with oil and check for oil spots where you park. Watch your oil level like a hawk.

Originally posted by Buktheng@Dec 3 2004, 03:19 PM
Ok, I just checked the oil level and its pretty damn low and I just changed the oil like 2-3 weeks ago. Is there a reason for it to consume so much oil? I guess highway driven isn't good at all huh.
[post=425901]Quoted post[/post]​

Blow-by. Welcome to the club. :(

Always check your oil. Using the excuse that you did an oil change will not make the oil magically fill itself back up again. Check the oil and fill it if you need to.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 4 2004, 12:08 AM
Always check your oil. Using the excuse that you did an oil change will not make the oil magically fill itself back up again. Check the oil and fill it if you need to.
[post=426174]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup! On the other hand though..... a leaking head gasket will "make oil". ;)

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 4 2004, 12:08 AM
[post=426174]Quoted post[/post]​

i never do that; if my oil level drops significantly then theres something wrong with it. i usually figure out what the problem is before i start filling it back up with oil and driving again. btw i just changed my cousin's oil; it only lost about .5 quart after frickin 8000miles. lol. but thats me though :p oil is important to the engine so dont take it forgranted.

Back