project crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djdiego

i own an 89 crx si. i have added some bolt-ons like headers, downpipe, cat converter all from skunk 2 also an apc short shifter. BEEN thinking of getting a performance intake manifold but would it really be worth it for me to spend money into the engine. Will i get much out of it? Or should i start looking fro a swap??
thanx yo

dont want to sound stupid but iam not familiar with codes these are heads from what car engines. What will this do?lots of green or no?

d16z6 or d16y8 head will do.. it just the single cam vtec head from a 92-95 civic si or 92-00 civic ex.. you'll need a vtec solenoid, intake mani... i'm not to sure what else you'll need for it but it wont be too much green..

lets see.. the 89 si had 108 stock.. and the 95 vtec had 127 i think..

i used to have an 89 si and i was thinking about doing the same thing, but never did.. so i couldnt tell you what the diff would be..

and its a little more complicated then just swapping heads.. gotta wire vtec in.. you may have to change the dizzy also..not sure though.. so dont take my word.. i've never done it.. just read up on it a while back

[thaNX YO i'll try it out hope it works, but how about swapin for a del sol engine i heard the 92-97 vtec had 170 ponies??? I think. :blink:

Quoted post[/post]]
[thaNX YO i'll try it out hope it works, but how about swapin for a del sol engine i heard the 92-97 vtec had 170 ponies??? I think. :blink:
i think you mean the del sol VTEC they came with b16's i believe. correct me if i'm wrong. All the others such as the si came with d16z6 (125hp) or you can get the jdm rplacement D15B(130 hp). either way it gonn be better than what you have now. D motors can be had for dirt cheap if you look at the right places

I would go OBD 1. I'm still trying to convert. I'm trying again tomm. I think i founf my problem. :ph34r:

how about a vtec engine from 98 civic or one from 96 accord would that work bc i have a 98 civic vtec engine in my garage should i just swap the whole thing???????? help need to fix engine before painting the rex si blue!!!!!!!!!

[ok i finally did some research and i have concluded that the ZC is the best canidate. The donor my friends 91 Integra GS. He is going to swap something else in or just leave it for parts. Ya'll should see the interior black leather seats, sunroof...... Anyways I found out that in order for me to swap in vtec I had to re wire shit and thats not me The ecu from integra 91 is obd compatible of my CRX Si all I have to do is combine engine supports and bam!!!!!!!! But i will miss "the Vtec" not that i evere had it..... .. .

shit I wonder if the transmission is the same????????
??????????????????????

[Dude than the previous owner dropped an ZC cuz thats what it is black valve covers w the strippes ???????

Quoted post[/post]]
[Dude than the previous owner dropped an ZC cuz thats what it is black valve covers w the strippes ???????

Well then the previous owner is a douchetard. Swapping the b18a for the ZC lost him about 10hp and 20tq.

Some people just need to stay the fuck away from automobiles.

Then again, I think you should check the engine code, located on the block, to make sure the engine is a ZC.

Your knowledge of engines seems to be very limited. You should do a lot of reading before tearing into your car.

Quoted post[/post]]
[ok i finally did some research and i have concluded that the ZC is the best canidate. The donor my friends 91 Integra GS. He is going to swap something else in or just leave it for parts. Ya'll should see the interior black leather seats, sunroof...... Anyways I found out that in order for me to swap in vtec I had to re wire shit and thats not me The ecu from integra 91 is obd compatible of my CRX Si all I have to do is combine engine supports and bam!!!!!!!! But i will miss "the Vtec" not that i evere had it..... .. .

shit I wonder if the transmission is the same????????
??????????????????????

from the d series crx or the teg?

Back