Project CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RotaryPower

Hey Honda guys,

I was looking forward to getting an RX7 but I didn't have the money to put in it after it was bought. Now my plans are to find a CRX with high mileage for cheap and throw a b18c5 in. Sorry for the lack of information I know about Honda's, I use to be anti Honda, but I always gave respect to people who did engine swaps.

I was wondering what things I would need? engine mounts are pretty expensive, like $550, damn...

So far this is what I think I need:

B18C5 Motor
New Transmission
Motor Mounts
ECU

Is that it? what transmission works well for all motor?

Another question, would you guys go with crx or 5th gen civic, the roundish ones that started at 1992.

I hear if your car got a B engine then you don't need mounts, is that true?

Please answer these questions for me.

Hatchback and swapping larger motor is bang for buck and pretty fast too.

I know tons about Rotary engines, but nothing about Honda.

you will need of couse the motor. the transmission varies. if you are going to go with the crx then you will need a cable transmission. meaning the clutch is cable activated. the '90-'93 integra Ls will be best for high way driveing and if you want better acceleration go with a cable b16a1 transmission they have better gear ratios. the mounts you can pick up through HASPORT or PLACERACING for about $350 to $500 you shouldnt pay anymore than that.or go to ebay. someone just sold some for $150 that is cheap.you will need the B18C1 or C5 wiring harness. Do you know the B18C5 is the TYPE R? they are expensive. you will need INTEGRAshift linkage and someone to customize them for you. you will need the integra axles. as far as the ECU is concerned get the first generation b16a1 ecu out of an integra because i dont think you will find a type r ecu or a gsr ecu that will plug in to your harness. you will also need to run your vetc activation wires down to your ecu.this only if you have an si crx.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...topic=18617&hl=

Exact same topic... I am also debating upon doing such a project car

Cost i have found: B18c5 that includes engine, trany, ecu, axles, shift linkages and a few other things 5-6 grand

Then you need suspension
LSD
and whatever other goodies you want on the car

My total estimated project cost is around 15 grand... Im really debating just to wait for a few years because once im outa college I will want to modify that car I will be buying...That is yet to be determined but something along the lines of a 98 NSX or M5 something of that like.

Anyways let me know how your project goes... If i start mine it will be starting shortly within the close of this year

Originally posted by civichbwithb18a1@Sep 9 2003, 05:07 PM
the mounts you can pick up through HASPORT or PLACERACING for about $350 to $500 you shouldnt pay anymore than that.or go to ebay.

Place Racing Mounts break.

I have never heard of a hasport billet mount braking ever, so yeah, I believe they shjould last the life of the car. Hasport also makes a shiftlinkage for a bseries, that is a lot easier to buy then to go out and buy a b series, then have to modify it for your car. They also make conversion harnesses to make your swap a lot easier.

I just did a b18c5 swap into a 91 crx hf. total it was like 8 or 9 grand. HAsport makes the full mount kit and I also used their cable to hydro conversion kit. It was like 300 bucks, but cheaper than a new tranny,plus u get to keep the lsd. I also used HAsport linkage, fits perfect--the only thing is on the type -r header the flange is 2and 1/2 inches so u will need to get this flange from any exhaust shop and make your own test pipe to adapt the exhaust.---

Originally posted by b18ct@Sep 16 2003, 12:33 AM
I just did a b18c5 swap into a 91 crx hf. total it was like 8 or 9 grand. HAsport makes the full mount kit and I also used their cable to hydro conversion kit. It was like 300 bucks, but cheaper than a new tranny,plus u get to keep the lsd. I also used HAsport linkage, fits perfect--the only thing is on the type -r header the flange is 2and 1/2 inches so u will need to get this flange from any exhaust shop and make your own test pipe to adapt the exhaust.---

Just makes me want to build an All motor c5 CRX :D I have searched around and have been debating upon different ways to make a fun little road course car. I always like to shoot high. I don't have the time to do the engine swap nor the needed supplies but all others such as suspension etc... Will be done probably sitting around having beers.

B18ct drop me an aol instant message @ MKroger00 I would like to talk and see what problems or how the swap went. Just trying to predict what may happen in the near future. I have to get rid of my Subaru Legacy... first car I hate to see it go but its just not very entertaining unless theres snow out.

not meaning to thread jack but kroger how fucking rich are u!

That is yet to be determined but something along the lines of a 98 NSX or M5 something of that like.FOR SALE...FOR SALE
Original owners on both
Stock 96 Dodge Viper GTS 33XXX miles asking --- 48000 obo
Stock 00 Dodge Viper RT/10 7xxx miles asking --- 66000 obo
OMFG CAN I BE UR SON?

seems my quotes were fucked but u get the point.

If you were my son the oldest you could possibly be would be 6-7, Im only 21. I am selling the cars for the pops. Time to get something new...what? is to be determined i would like it to fall in the lines of the 360 or the ferrari family, and before its even is said YES i do work and actully co-oped at honda here in ohio. (just a pre-argument to flaming from whomever) And I drive a 97 Subaru Legacy GT but will be selling for possibly a CRX. I can never make up my mind on what to do with cars...maybe i'll just sell it and buy a watch, my second love

Back to on topic...

I hope to see the outcome of this project and hopefully some good quality post along the way becuse I maybe doing the same thing... Can help for troubleshooting

Back