PROJECT: "EJWone"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM Dina

www.jdmcoupecouncil.com
Hello everyone I would like to share with you My second Build, This time I am doing everything right so this will be a slow thought out process. I will be doing a auto to manual conversion as well as a B18b1 swap into this car. I will also be doing some JDM parts installs and hopefully if things go well a full suspension install.

This is "EJWONE' a 1993 Civic Ex Coupe

So here He is when Ej1Rider owned him.

white_coop_001.jpg

white_coop_007.jpg

Here He is on the trailer going home.

Ejwone001.jpg

Ejwone002.jpg

Ejwone003.jpg

Ejwone004.jpg

Here he is the first and last time for a while on the street with his gurl Elsie!

Ejwone020.jpg

Now the build begins, here are the before shots

Ejwone036.jpg

Ejwone037.jpg

Ejwone038.jpg

Ejwone039.jpg

Ejwone040.jpg

Ejwone041.jpg

Ejwone042.jpg

Ejwone043.jpg

Crossed Drilled and Slotted Rotors came with it but there was this horrible noise when driving sounded like a bad axle, well it ended up being loose lug nuts and braking system. So I got 4 bad lug studs on the pass front.

Ejwone066.jpg

Ejwone071.jpg

I am taking the rotors to work with me tomorrow to resurface them I will then reinstall them on the car and prep it for the motor swap and conversion.

Stay Tuned!

::**UPDATE 29 JULY 06**::

Ok so today I went to work at 7 this morning and I got out at 4 I came home and started to work on the cars.

SO here is how it begins!
095727d5.jpg

93 automatic D16z6
0cee9535.jpg

95 Integra 5 Speed B18B1 with exedy racing clutch and tricks to the trans!
54fc3a17.jpg

The "Technicians"
2c714727.jpg

Messing with something to get this bad boy out!
ac9546cd.jpg

Chrissy hard at work
1e280437.jpg

My Pops Watching Chrissy work LOL
b7f75c89.jpg

Now what?
4493debe.jpg

Use the Gun and take off the axle nut
eb19ce71.jpg

Here is the right hand side wiring and everything but the motor mounts cleared out so it can be pulled
508e9a8b.jpg

2bf57dce.jpg

power steering pump disconnected from the motor brackets and everything out of the way getting it cleared so I can just drop it out!
da6b728a.jpg

71ff36f8.jpg

Thats all for now as I am tired and Chrissy is too maybe tomorrow we will work on it some more.

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 30 JULY 06

Ok so I got up this morning and I did not have plans to do anything with the cars today. Chrissy went to church and I was tired and stayed in bed well I got restless and got up got ready and went out side. I looked at the green coupe over and over again and I looked at what I had left to do.

It was not much just the drivers side axle and then the motor mounts so I got to it and I got it like this.

Up Up and away!
f15980d0.jpg

Rollin to her standby spot
Ejwone132.jpg

Look Ma its empty
Ejwone133.jpg

Powered By Dina!
Ejwone135.jpg

Now to this!!!
Ejwone136.jpg

More Progress:

drivers side torque mount removed
Ejwone137.jpg

AC Compressor, condensor, fans and power steering removed
Ejwone138.jpg

right side all disconnected except for mounts
Ejwone139.jpg

Zero, Zip, Nada!
Ejwone140.jpg

Here is the setup as it sits, I want to Thank Chrissy for supporting me and my Dad and Daughter for setting up the tent thingy and getting me water, the sun has taken its toll on me and has won for today.

So I wont touch the car again until maybe friday or saturday after work.

Ejwone156.jpg

Stay Tuned!

updated 8 Aug 06

So I worked on the Coupe today! After Work I started to remove the D16z6 from the White EJ1!

Ejwone157.jpg

Ejwone158.jpg

Ejwone159.jpg

Ejwone160.jpg

Ejwone161.jpg

Ejwone162.jpg

Ejwone163.jpg

Ejwone164.jpg

The Engine Bay is a little Dirty so I am gonna really Clean it up and Possibly do a Wire Tuck and maybe one or 2 other things.
Ejwone165.jpg

This is all for Now I have to save up the money to get the Motor Mounts and Pay Billy Back so I dont know when the next Update will be.

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 6 AUG 06

OK I worked on the some of the little things that I can right now as money is tight, and this is just free elbow grease work that I could do. It not complete but it is a step in the right direction for me.

Ejwone166.jpg

Ejwone168.jpg

Ejwone169.jpg

Ejwone172.jpg

Ejwone173.jpg

I am still debating whether or not to do a wire tuck, I dont think the engine bay is cluttered and I dont see the benefits of doing it. I might tuck the harness that is attached to the engine but again not sure yet.

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 13 AUG 06

My boy works for a plating company and he glassbeaded my valve cover so now its ready for paint
Ejwone186.jpg

Took the pedals out of the White Coupe
Ejwone190.jpg

Ejwone189.jpg

Minor wire tuck coming up just need time and maybe some advice

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 30 AUG 06

Ok Update

Pedals are in
Ejwone202.jpg

Booster and brake master Cylinder is out and getting painted
Ejwone193.jpg

Clutch slave Cylinder line is in
Ejwone194.jpg

Ejwone196.jpg

Ejwone195.jpg

Cleaned this up but did not get a pic of it cleaned
Ejwone197.jpg

Test Fitting the JDM Headlights and Corners! :jdm:
Ejwone198.jpg

Took this Crap out but the camera batteries died so when I get batteries and have time to work on the car then I will take a Pic
Ejwone204.jpg

Ejwone205.jpg

My Mount should be here in a few days so stayed tuned as the motor should be in this weekend and maybe I should be able to start it but who knows I have had something MAJOR Happen in my life and I really dont feel like doing anything I am working on the car because I need a ride to work so lets see what happens

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 9 SEPT 06

Ok so these were taken with my Phone I just got batteries for my camera yesterday.

GoodBye Automatic Shifter!
Ejwone206.jpg

This is the Hole that will have to be patched up since the manual car does not use it I will make a plate and weld it in.
Ejwone207.jpg

Ok so I took off my knuckles so I can take them to work and replace the bad ball joints and replace the lug studs that are damaged.
Ejwone209.jpg

Bad Ball Joints!
Ejwone210.jpg

I also removed the power steering Rack as it was leaking and its so much easier to do it with the motor out! I will install the rack from the green coupe and install new outer and inner tie rod ends

Ejwone214.jpg

Ejwone211.jpg

Ejwone212.jpg

Ejwone213.jpg

And took these off in preperation for something better
Ejwone217.jpg

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 12 DEC 06

Ok so I have not been able to work on the car due to personal issues then after they were resolved I could not work on it due to lack of money and lack of parts
so here is "EJWone" as it sits right now these pics are kind of depressing and I will let them tell the story.

As of now I am unsure when I will be able to work on it and get it running parts that are needed are missing and money is tight right now. So it might sit like this for a while!! :cry:

Ejwone277.jpg

Ejwone278.jpg

No upper control arms yet :frown:
Ejwone279.jpg

Notice the battery tray painted FROst white!
Ejwone280.jpg

Sanded out the Scratches and painted the rail.
Ejwone281.jpg

Ejwone282.jpg

Brake Booster painted and Master Cylinder installed!
Ejwone283.jpg

FROST on my JDM headlights and corners
Ejwone284.jpg

My B Series covered up and needing love!:frown:
Ejwone285.jpg

Ejwone286.jpg

Automatic shifter hole plate made and welded still need to finish welding it!
Ejwone287.jpg

Ejwone288.jpg

Rear Drums with no rear lower control arms or rear Uppers! Rear Disc here we come!

Ejwone295.jpg

Ejwone296.jpg

This is the last shot before I tarped it up for the winter!
Ejwone298.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Here he is all tarped up and waiting patiently till the time when I have money to get it going again!
Ejwone301.jpg

Ejwone299.jpg

Ejwone300.jpg

UPDATED: 22 Feb 07

Hey is a teaser for the Fans!
Ejwone302.jpg

Hopefully the weather and the money will get better soon so I can make more updates!

UPDATED 1 MARCH 07

Something new came in today!
Ejwone303.jpg

Stay tuned!

UPDATED 2 MARCH 07
This is probally the last part I buy for awhile.
Ejwone304.jpg

Stay tuned!

UPDATED 21 APRIL 07
Ok so today was my first weekend off at work and the first beautiful day in along time weather wise! So I decided to work on "EJWone" and make some progress towards getting him on the road!

Here is my trusty Winter beater helping out "EJWone"! Whats that in the Bed of the Truck Reppin the Coupe Council?
Ejwone309.jpg

Ejwone311.jpg

Ok so everyone knows what the trailing arms look like with drums
Ejwone295.jpg

This is what it looks like with out the drum and brake shoe's and the rear bearings on!
Ejwone315.jpg

This E-Brake cable will never be used again on this Coupe! Man is this a bitch to get out in one piece so I used a die grinder and cut it off!
Ejwone316.jpg

I disconnected the brake hose here since they won't need to be used any more either!
Ejwone312.jpg

Here He is with absolutely no rear suspension trailing arms are OUT!
Ejwone317.jpg

This is what will go on now! PIC FTW! OEM Bolts FTW!!
Ejwone318.jpg

4 of these will be needed 2 for each side!
Ejwone320.jpg

2 of these for the rear shocks!
Ejwone321.jpg

Bam here it is!
Ejwone322.jpg

PIC FTW is all I got to say!
Ejwone323.jpg

Thanks to Lionel for the help here!
Ejwone332.jpg

Working it!
Ejwone333.jpg

Achieved!
Ejwone335.jpg

Getting the Integra Rear Trailing arms ready to mount!
Ejwone336.jpg

Ejwone337.jpg

Here I am mounting it up!
Ejwone340.jpg

Like a Glove!!!
Ejwone338.jpg

Ejwone341.jpg

Damn that Shit is Dropped!
Ejwone342.jpg

Ejwone343.jpg

On to the Front I am burning daylight now!
Ejwone344.jpg

Damn that Bronze and red look good together!
Ejwone345.jpg

Spindle on and Now just awaiting the front lower forks!
Ejwone347.jpg

Shot with the front lifted up and the rear on the ground! SO SEXY!!!
Ejwone348.jpg

Ejwone349.jpg

Ejwone350.jpg

So I had to Lower the front just to see what it would look like at this height and being level!
Ejwone352.jpg

Thats all for now expect more updates tomorrow again!
Stay Tuned!

UPDATED 22 APRIL 07

So today I figured I would finish the front suspension and start my wire tuck!

Ejwone353.jpg

Ejwone354.jpg

So since I have big fat hands I had my Girl do the wire tuck! Nothing was cut I depinned the connectors one by one and ran them thru the hole under the fuse box!
Ejwone355.jpg

Ejwone357.jpg

Ejwone358.jpg

Ejwone359.jpg

Ejwone362.jpg

Ejwone363.jpg

Ejwone366.jpg

Ejwone367.jpg

So here he is on his own suspension and its own wheels
Ejwone368.jpg

Ejwone370.jpg

So this is how he looks right now due to the rain coming this week!
Ejwone371.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Looking clean. Welcome.

Very Very nice swap....

Looks like you've put alot of effort into this car so i hope to see it finish and driving

UPDATED 22 APRIL 07

So today I figured I would finish the front suspension and start my wire tuck!

Ejwone353.jpg

Ejwone354.jpg

So since I have big fat hands I had my Girl do the wire tuck! Nothing was cut I depinned the connectors one by one and ran them thru the hole

under the fuse box!
Ejwone355.jpg

Ejwone357.jpg

Ejwone358.jpg

Ejwone359.jpg

Ejwone362.jpg

Ejwone363.jpg

Ejwone366.jpg

Ejwone367.jpg

So here he is on his own suspension and its own wheels
Ejwone368.jpg

Ejwone370.jpg

So this is how he looks right now due to the rain coming this week!
Ejwone371.jpg

Stay Tuned!

UPDATED MAY 2007

OK so we moved to a different town close to were we lived I have moved the car here so I can work on it more.
Ejwone451.jpg

Ejwone452.jpg

Here it is at the new place!
Ejwone456.jpg

Ejwone455.jpg

Ejwone454.jpg

July 2007

So I got some motivation and I installed my alarm and put the dash back in the alarm is not in the normal place it would be after it was

installed professionally. I wont show pics of where it is due to the fact that I dont want the car stolen. I installed the JDM EJ1 Cluster

and other JDM Dash pieces I have had.
Ejwone372.jpg

Ejwone373.jpg

Ok so I want to Thank Mr90Civic for helping get the interior cleaned up he did a hell of a job! I would also like to thank my son for helping

with the interior install as well as my daughters!

Ejwone430.jpg

Ejwone431.jpg

Ejwone432.jpg

Ejwone433.jpg

Ejwone434.jpg

Ejwone435.jpg

Ejwone436.jpg

Ejwone438.jpg

Ejwone439.jpg

Ejwone440.jpg

Ejwone441.jpg

Ejwone443.jpg

Ejwone444.jpg

I also would like to thank SUJA-1 For everything they have done for me most of my parts have come from them! Jason your the man!

Technafit Brake lines for a Ej with DC rear trailing arms!!
Ejwone425.jpg

Ejwone427.jpg

Ejwone429.jpg

I also got OEM 95 Civic EJ1 with rear abs e brake cables they bolted right up to the Integra trailing arms and the chassis of my EJ1!
Ejwone461.jpg

Ejwone462.jpg

Thanks to 2Coupes for this info on the steering wheel and parts!
Ejwone463.jpg

Ejwone464.jpg

These are my Fat Fives! They were painted black when I got them I have only been able to finish one of them due to the fact that I have been

really busy with the Wedding plans and workin my tail off at work for the wedding!

Ejwone472.jpg

Ejwone466.jpg

Ejwone467.jpg

Ejwone468.jpg

This is all for now! I am getting Married next Friday to Chrissy and the car will have to wait! I hope to be able to drive it this year!

STAY TUNED

Last edited:
Updated 29 Oct 07

Recent pic of my "EjWone" still working on it when ever I can!
PICT4361.jpg

Updated 10 Feb 08

ok not too many updates except that the motor is now a short block in my basement and some serious engine plans are now in the works! I dont think it will be done this year but who knows!

MYLS040.jpg

MYLS041.jpg

MYLS042.jpg

MYLS043.jpg

MYLS045.jpg

MYLS046.jpg

MYLS047.jpg

MYLS049.jpg

MYLS050.jpg

MYLS051.jpg

MYLS052.jpg

MYLS055.jpg

MYLS057.jpg

MYLS062.jpg

MYLS063.jpg

broken bolt thats gonna be a pain to fix!!
MYLS064.jpg

MYLS065.jpg

just a mess
MYLS076.jpg

MYLS077.jpg

MYLS078.jpg

MYLS079.jpg

head
MYLS083.jpg

MYLS084.jpg

MYLS085.jpg

MYLS086.jpg

MYLS088.jpg

Nice! Im wondering...What happen to the windshield? Did someone get hot headed and threw a wrench at it? LOL

GL keep it going....hope it runs soon....

nice to see someone putting some hard for a change. Good job man. i 'm glad your taking your time. Also thanks for all the pics. it has definitly helped us see what your going through.

Thanks everyone! I called a few machine shops in the area today and i am taking the shortblock to them tomorrow. The car will not come out this year as I am not rushing it to make sure I do it right the first time.

The marriage is going great Now we have a new born son that is 8 weeks old this week his name is Ejay. I will be posting pics soon of Ejay and my wife helping me with the engine build.

:Stay Tuned:

Back